If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us
The Manufacturing Engineer is to technically support, implement or improve the Manufacturing Department’s processes and procedures. This is achieved by manufacturing products at the highest quality and as efficiently and safely as possible.
Other duties include aiding the quality department in implementing corrective actions, working with other Engineering teams specifying new tooling or capital equipment when needed, and coordinating tool and die maintenance or repair. Perform duties within established environmental, health, and safety requirements.
· Support manufacturing operations with process improvement projects and daily support of manufacturing processes.
· This includes working with injection molding presses (both silicone and plastic), secondary equipment, and workstations.
· Improve machine efficiencies through the completion of WCM Green Belt, Six Sigma projects, and WCM cost-saving projects.
· Assist Quality Assurance team and lead corrective action implementation programs.
· Assisting the Development Center and Automation & Industrialization teams in implementing new programs and capital equipment.
· Exhibit safety awareness and model safe work practices in all aspects of the job
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field (Required)
· 1+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, internships included (Required)
· Experience within a GMP and cGDP environment (Preferred)
· Lean manufacturing and/or Six-sigma techniques
· Strong process and manufacturing engineering skills; including process diagnostic capability with a record of process cost savings
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.