This position is critical in helping Coated Abrasives “Innovate” and “Be Agile” and achieve its operational excellence objectives. It is this role’s chief responsibility to build analytical tools and perform sophisticated data analysis across our Coated Abrasives facilities that allow us to achieve the SOA (sector of activity) operational excellence objectives. This role is also key in building predicative analytics to proactively optimize solutions and systems impacting maintenance, supply chain, quality and people management.
The Manufacturing 4.0/Business Intelligence Engineer will lead the analysis of Coated Abrasives data management and utilization. She/he will recommend and implement process improvements that drive step changes in operational excellence in the plants and Coated Abrasives as an entity. She/he will design and automate predictive analytical tools to be used by management and facility staff in monitoring and improving the business performance with particular focus on maintenance, supply chain, quality and people. Below are the responsibilities associated with this role:
· Design strong (timely, accurate, flexible and easy to use) management dashboards to improve plant efficiency.
· Design and implement shop floor data-based, automated visual management tools.
· Modernize existing reports and re-write them within MicroStrategy.
· Provide manufacturing data analysis to help reduce waste, inventory, and downtime to improve operational efficiency.
· Create advanced predictive analytic algorithms to help improve Coated Abrasives manufacturing KPI’s.
· Create models of existing processes to ease or automate decision making, layout changes, efficiency improvements, optimization of parameters, etc.
· Conduct analysis to quantify the financial and operational impact of decisions to ensure continuous improvement.
· Provide detailed analysis of complex processes to identify solutions to problems, while implementing improvements in and across the Coated Abrasives manufacturing organization.
· Must detect and resolve issues effectively across processes and systems in a timely manner and escalate accordingly.
· Measure daily, weekly, and monthly KPIs on Coated Abrasives manufacturing facilities such as production order performance, inventory, operational efficiency, waste, hours, capacity and perform several audits to proactively catch system errors.
· Drive all Coated Abrasives plants to standardize best practice processes, so that there is commonality of processes, KPI’s, reporting and training.
· Providing training to end users on MicroStrategy / dashboards / analytics.
· Work directly with the NA BI (Business Intelligence) team and SGTS to ensure solutions meet Saint-Gobain standards.
· Must adhere to all Saint-Gobain IT and Security standards, as well as NA BI best practices.
· She/he interacts extensively with the Coated Abrasives manufacturing organization, plant managers, finance, supply chain, human resources and the NA BI team.She/he supports theCoated Abrasives manufacturingoverall business strategy by providing detailed analytical reports in a timely manner.
The position requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; Master’s degree is a plus. A thorough understanding of business (marketing, customer service, and finance) is required. She/he must be able to create, implement and execute systems across a large matrix managed organization with very discrete manufacturing processes, including thousands of individual UPC’s.
Critical skills include but are not limited to:
· Strong working knowledge of analytical software such as MicroStrategy (preferred), Qlik or Tableau
· Strong working knowledge of statistics and/or advanced analytic methodologies
· Strong computer skills with expertise in SAP
· Strong knowledge of and experience in WCM (World Class Manufacturing) or the equivalent (lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, TPM or the like)
· Highly skilled in Excel and MS Access. Must be able to understand complex Excel and Access databases with the plan to re-model their functionality into MicroStrategy or other Enterprise-grade software.
· Some knowledge with SQL stored procedures, views, functions and scripts to support analytics needs. Some experience using SQL Management Studio is preferred.
· Demonstrated experience and comprehension of routinely-applicable financial concepts, including P&L, balance sheets, cost accounting, cash flow, capital management, and budgeting
· Demonstrated experience in good business judgment/decision making, strategic planning/goal setting, problem-solving/corrective action planning
· Evident and effective interpersonal and team-building skills
· Comprehensive knowledge of and experience in manufacturing philosophies, operations, processes and related technologies
· Prior success operating in a matrixed organization
· Innovator who looks to create, implement and improve the best practices from within the Coated Abrasives manufacturing organization or sister businesses within the Company.
· Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills
· Always eager to learn and willing to try and embrace new ideas.
· Adheres to the SG policies for security requirements
· Performs as a team player working with both the NA BI team and the Coated Abrasives manufacturing teams, as needed for solutions
Saint-Gobain offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation including bonus.
Benefits and Perks:
· Health Insurance (Medical / Pharmacy / Vision / Dental)
· Paid Time Off
· Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
· Optional Employee, Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Short Term Disability / Long Term Disability Insurance
· Flexible Spending Accounts
· Group Legal Plan
· Tuition Assistance Program
· Voluntary Benefits (Critical Illness Insurance and Accident Insurance, Home & Auto, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft and PerkSpot Discount Marketplace)
· Benefit Support Programs (EAP, Health Coaching, ConsumerMedical and Telemedicine)
· Employee Share Purchase Program
· 401(k) with Company Match
· Retirement Accumulation Plan (Cash balance pension plan)
Who are we ?
With over 60,000 employees working across 46 countries, Saint-Gobain’s Innovative Materials Sector boasts a unique and profitable portfolio of high-tech and high value-added solutions for housing and construction, mobility, healthcare and industry.
A true technology bridgehead for the Saint-Gobain Group, the Innovative Materials Sector is supported by 3 powerful growth drivers: innovation, co-development and research.
In the field of High Performance Materials, it proposes a comprehensive range of innovative technologies targeting the housing and construction market, transport, industry and healthcare, and combined into four families of materials: ceramics, polymers, abrasives and technical fabrics. Flat Glass is a world leader in manufacturing, processing and selling glass products for the construction and transportation sector (including the automotive industry).
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.