Management Accountant/Plant Cost Controller
British Gypsum, Sherburn in Elmet – Hybrid working (2 days per week in office on average)
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as a Management Accountant/Cost Controller for British Gypsum in Sherburn in Elmet. British Gypsum is a market leading manufacturer of gypsum-based building materials from insulation, wall lining dry boards and plaster to ceilings and floors. Our products shape modern interiors for the commercial, residential and off-site sectors of the construction industry.
Is this role right for me?
We are looking for the right person to fit in with our Saint-Gobain culture, but we know this needs to be right for you too. So if you think you match with the following, then we would love to hear from you!
Although we do require someonethat is as a minimum part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA and actively working towards the full qualification (essential on entry), a positive attitude and a commitment to your learning and development are most important. We are looking for intermediate or advanced Excel skills and experience of using SAP or other ERP systems would be brilliant. It would be great if you have a background in manufacturing but if youhaven’t worked in this industry, that’s okay, we will support your learning to help you develop with us. We will offer professional development to you including sponsorship and time off for exams.
What will I be doing in the role?
You will be conducting the preparation and execution of month end management accounting for the site alongside general management accounting duties. In addition, you will conduct financial analysis and prepare financial management information and reports relating to manufacturing operations and proposed projects within manufacturing, maintaining relevant, timely and accurate management information and product costing systems to support the decision making of the local manufacturing operations management team. You will ensure a robust business control environment is maintained.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
· To assist in the preparation of the annual budget for the business
· Monthly management accounting duties to include month end accounting processes.
· General management accounting such as journal posting and ledger/balance sheet reconciliations to include discrepancy investigations.
· To help ensure the materials, labour and other costs of the site’s operations are recorded and reported accurately and correctly in SAP and the monthly accounts.
· Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of regular reports on the performance of the site’s operation and associated key performance indicators, to explain any significant variances against Budget/target, and to make recommendations on any actions to be taken.
· To help ensure the inventory and provisions are valued correctly in accordance with the relevant SG Insulation UK policies.
· To implement and monitor adequate business controls to ensure they adhere to the Saint-Gobain Internal Control Reference Framework.
· To prepare ad hoc analysis as required to support the management team’s decision making.
· To monitor and report on the capex projects of the site and control the fixed asset register.
· To look for continuous improvement of the operation of the finance function
· To adhere to all SG Insulation UK and Saint-Gobain policies and procedures and ensure that you respect these with regard to, though not limited to, health and safety, the elimination of waste and care for the environment, equality of opportunity and the prevention of fraud.
· To adhere to the company Quality Policy and Procedures and be proactive in reporting or raising issues of either non-compliance or areas for improvement in order to ensure complete customer satisfaction through:
· compliance with the relevant Standards and Regulations.
· improvement in products, solutions and services.
· a quality system that is fit for purpose, continuously maintained and improved.
Are British Gypsum and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.