Why do we need you ?
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home .
What’s the job?
· Answer line calls to troubleshoot any mechanical process or extrusion problem
· Build, repair, or modify all Plant equipment, including extrusion and blending equipment
· Perform preventative maintenance for production, blending, air compression systems, chillers, closed-loop water system, and the plant lift trucks
· Test water in closed-loop system for Ph factors, environmental concerns, and add chemicals as needed
· Contact vendors and arrange for outside maintenance and repairs as needed
· Use BPICS to locate store parts, follow all inventory removal procedures
· Identify required non store items and obtain information to purchase
· Complete assigned projects and tasks as required by management
· Train new mechanical technicians
· Meet the needs of internal customers by performing quality repairs in a timely fashion, ensuring finished goods continue to reach external customers
· Identify all potential problems to equipment, building, and grounds
What do you bring?
The position must have an in-depth knowledge of maintenance organization and operations, and an understanding of industrial maintenance procedures. The position must have knowledge of OHSA standards and procedures. The position should be familiar with electrical applications and should possess a mechanical aptitude. The position should have knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
The position may be required to travel infrequently to troubleshoot other manufacturing facility issues. This position requires that the position be able to move heavy objects safely, not to exceed 100 pounds, without requiring assistance such as a dolly, forklift, or team member assistance. There are also frequent and prolonged periods of standing/walking and pushing /pulling or moving/lifting supplies. This position experiences frequent/occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching. This position is located within a vinyl siding manufacturing facility and requires the position can work in an environment that can be noisy and dusty. The ability to withstand heat and chemical odors is also required. The possession of or ability to obtain licensure for a motor vehicle and lift truck is required. Must comply with all safety requirements including use of the personal protection equipment required for this position.
Who are we?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
A little more about us
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.