GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY :
Operates and monitors automated vinyl and accessory extruders. Extruders are fed with compound while panels and accessories are produced using the latest technology in machinery. Tooling and downstream equipment are used to produce a high quality finished product.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
Set up, operate, and monitor production extrusion machinery. Start-up extrusion lines and makes all required adjustments to stabilize process in order to minimize scrap and maximize efficiency. Reprogrammable microprocessor controls are used and monitored to achieve desired product quality.
· Performs continuous half-hour quality checks by measuring, testing, and recording data to ensure 100% compliance with product specifications.
· Monitors in-coming materials, regrind, compound, and concentrate to ensure proper color, lot number, and processability.
· Continually monitors all tooling and downstream equipment to achieve proper specifications.
· Fills out and monitors all process control sheets and monitors packaging and labeling of finished goods.
· Must be capable of troubleshooting and basic processing conditions to ensure the highest quality possible.
· Must be skillful in color changes, start up and shut down of all equipment.
· Assist maintenance and tooling personnel in resetting line to maintain the highest quality product.
· Accountable for production efficiency, scrap and quality standards.
· Required, when necessary, to pack/inspect product on line in addition to operation of fork trucks and housekeeping.
· Must demonstrate good team skills, troubleshooting skills, and both verbal and written communications to ensure an efficient operation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
Vision: Must be capable of reading letters and numbers, and have good color reception.
Range of Motion: Full, some bending, lifting, and standing lasting sometimes up to a 12-hour period.
Lifting Capacity: Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 50 pounds chest-high.
Sitting/Standing: Standing for up to 12 hours daily, and moving up and down production line.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
OSHA Requirements: Standard plant safety rules, safety glasses, hearing protection, steel toe shoes and Bump caps.
Must have basic computer skills.
Must be able to complete an in-house forklift training program.
Experience with extrusion or with very “hands on” machine operation are a must.
Starting Wage: $20.86/ hr
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.