We have an exciting opportunity for sociable Customer Service Advisor (Sales ) to join out Jewson Team, based in Bristol. You will support in maximising profitability through building successful working relationships with customers, colleagues, and suppliers delivering excellent customer service whilst maintaining a safe environment that is in line with company policies and procedure.
At Jewson we pride ourselves on our ability to provide a great welcome to our customers, being proactive when helping them, being trusted, and recognised for our ‘customer first’ approach. If you enjoy working with people and you think you could help our customers feel welcome, then we would love to hear from you!
Hours: 44.5 hours a week
· Maximising customer interactions to support achievement of sales and profit targets through upselling and cross-selling relevant products offering specific product advice
· Developing new customer accounts and lapsed accounts
· Realising full potential of all customer interactions and build strong, effective relationships with customers and suppliers, managing feedback accordingly
· Ensuring all customer orders are fulfilled in a timely fashion
· Supporting all Company initiatives
· Following plans to continuously improve customer experience
· Understanding local market issues and communicate to Manager to support sales growth plans
· Deliver key KPIs for your branch
· Carry out all cash transactions, refund and till processes accurately
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures
· Safeguard Company’s stock, money and all other Company assets
· Enhance the Safety and Wellbeing culture and meet targets
· Carry out all cash transactions and till processes accurately and safeguard companies stock, money and all other company assets
· Complete stock take activities
· Maintain appropriate Housekeeping procedures to maintain a clean, safe and tidy working environment
What we are looking for in Customer Service Advisor:
· A basic understanding of the market and product knowledge
· Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Proactive, flexible and enthusiastic attitude
· Demonstrable customer service focus
· IT literate
· Able to create and maintain successful relationships
· Able to handle difficult situations and diffuse conflict
· GCSEs (Or equivalent) - Maths & English
· Relevant forklift licence
· Experience in a sales/customer focused role
In return you’ll get some great benefits…
· A defined contribution pension scheme
· Competitive salary
· Access to 100’s of high street and leisure discounts, as well as a state of the art rewards system
· As part of Jewson, you’re automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance scheme.
· Plus, plenty more!
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are!
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.
Applicant privacy notice:
You can find details of our ‘Applicant Data Privacy Notice’ here: https://www.saint-gobain.co.uk/sites/saint-gobain.co.uk/files/2021-03/Saint%20Gobain%20Applicant%20UK%20Ireland%20Data%20Privacy%20Notice%20Mar%202021%20VF.pdf