Gibbs & Dandy – Internal Sales Advisor
Gibbs & Dandy – National Merchant of the Year 2018 / “One to Watch” Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work for 2019
As an Internal Sales Assistant, you’ll be the face (and voice!) of the business, often the first point of contact a customer has with us. You’ll chat with customers throughout the day, both on the phone and in person, helping them find the materials they need for their projects and converting these in to orders.
You’ll get the opportunity to build relationships, negotiate prices and generate sales each day, along with handling cash transactions, placing direct sales orders, organising delivery times and keeping customers informed once their orders are placed – all while giving the customer a fantastic service.
Working for Gibbs & Dandy will mean you have no two days the same. You will have the opportunity to support and advise customers on our extensive products and service range - no matter how big or small their project is! You will take pride in being an integral part of the Gibbs & Dandy mission to be ‘The Most Trusted Merchant in Town’
We’ve been in the industry for 175 years so we can proudly say we know a thing or two about providing our customers with the tools and materials they need to complete their building projects. The Gibbs & Dandy team are a family, we value, respect and occasionally have the odd joke at the expense of each other – but what family doesn’t? All this makes us who we are – a close knit team on a mission. But we couldn’t give our customers a service they can trust without our people, and this is where you step in.
So, what are we looking for?
· Experience of working in an inbound sales role, with a curious and proactive approach
· Motivation to secure and increase sales orders
· A genuine enthusiasm for dealing with customers, and a ‘customer 1st’ attitude
· The ability to build strong relationships internally and externally
· A positive team player
· The ability to organise and manage workload well
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are!
What will we offer you?
As part of Saint-Gobain (‘Top Employer UK and globally’ 2016-2019), here at Gibbs & Dandy we offer:
· A competitive salary
· A discretionary bonus scheme
· Opportunities for career progression and development
· 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), plus the option to buy or sell additional days
· A defined contribution pension scheme
· Great discounts across high street chains, online stores and holiday agents
· Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme
· Access to a leading health and wellbeing portal