This position is responsible for assisting the Health and Safety Manager in developing, implementing, and maintaining a robust, risk-based health and safety system. The position collaborates with managers, contractors, and workforce to ensure compliance to Saint-Gobain and regulatory requirements. Candidates must be a current student at an accredited university.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maintain hazard identification reporting and tracking system.
· Monitor completion of employee safety observations, analyzing incoming data, and reporting on trends.
· Assist in the development and implementation of Safety and Health related programs.
· Develop and maintain safety related software database management systems.
· Participate in Machine Guarding, Ergonomic, and Safety Committee initiatives.
· Assist in safety incentive programs, training presentations, and other safety communication documents.
· Other safety projects as necessary.
· Sophomore, Junior or Senior working towards a bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Safety, or Industrial Engineering.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Excellent verbal, written communication, and teamwork skills.
· Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
· Ability to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with potential stressful situations, sensitivity to other’s needs, and have a positive demeanor.
· Valid Driver’s License or reliable transportation.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.