The Structural Ceramics Division has openings in their production manufacturing group. The Niagara Falls site manufactures silicon carbide powder and parts under the trade name Hexoloy. Employees are represented by the United Steel Workers union. This job opportunity would be as a Flex/Support Operator which would include working as support in various areas in the facility. These roles include, but are not limited to, the following departments: Forming, Furnaces, Extrusion, Calibration, Sandblast.
Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
The incumbent should possess the skills associated with a 2-year technology degree in a technical discipline and have a strong mechanical aptitude. In addition, he or she should possess the following abilities:
· Computer proficiency.
· Safe operation of powered mobile equipment including fork-lifts, man-lifts, etc.
· Mechanical aptitude including ability to use basic hand tools, recognize, troubleshoot, and make small mechanical repairs.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision and be able to effectively communicate with shift partners, between shifts, and with supervision.
· Ability to understand work safety requirements. This includes the proper use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and following SOP's (Standard Operation Procedures).
General manufacturing skills such as blueprint reading, intermediate math skills (measure in standard and metrics using various measuring devices such as calipers, measuring tapes, micrometers, measuring tools) and basic computers skills are required.
· Able to perform physical labor, with or without accommodation, to include:
· Lift up to 40 lbs.
· Corrected vision to 20/30.
· Regular climbing of stairs and ladders.
· Ability to bend, stoop, shovel, reach.
Mental & Visual Demands
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· While performing the duties of this job within the manufacturing environment, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
· The employee is occasionally exposed to heat, fumes or airborne dust.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· Various PPE devices & equipment such as gloves, safety shoes, hearing protection and glasses may be required.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Industrial Ceramics is a worldwide manufacturer of high temperature specialised refractory materials. Our products are manufactured for the Ceramics, Metallurgy, Foundry, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power Generation, Waste Processing and Glass Making Industries. We specialise in products ranging from refractory bricks, tiles and blocks to mortar, cements, ramming and gunnable monolithics and trowelling mixes to low mass kiln furniture systems.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.