Looking for a GREAT PLACE TO WORK? Look no further!
Saint-Gobain is a Global Top Employer.
Our team in Wayne, NJ is looking for an experienced
Machine Operator - 1st shift
We offer competitive salary, Benefits day 1, Matching 401k, Bonus program, Retirement plan, and much more
Scope: Act in the capacity of a flexible production operator within the Film Conversion/Packaging/Slitting, C-Treatment, Zitex and Extrusion Departments. Assume material handling responsibilities to help stage materials within the various Films Departments. Operator would be responsible to perform necessary work order and inventory transactions using the software control systems such as Eagle (via iPad), Factivity (MES) and QAD (ERP). The responsibilities of this position may change frequently thru the week in order to meet production goals. This position may also require work-time on weekends or other shifts
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree in a technical discipline desirable.
· Minimum five (5) years as a production operator in a manufacturing environment.
· Experience in plastic films slitting, extrusion and/or plastic products production is required
· Practical experience and comfort operating and troubleshooting mechanical equipment.
· Previous experience and/or able to be trained to safely operate forklift, electric pallet jack and other material handling equipment.
· Able to operate independently once appropriate training and direction has been provided.
· Must show self-initiative, be engaged, demonstrate open, constructive communication and work effectively within a team environment.
· Be adaptable: open to work extended hours as needed throughout the regular week.
· Basic command of the English language, written and verbal. Able to read, write and follow SOP’s.
· Basic instructions of computer and software programs including Windows, Microsoft Office and Apple IOS is required.
Who are we ?
Our commitment to being a Great Place to Work is a strong one. We encourage and foster our employees to be engaged through their participation in various committees/ teams. These teams help build a relationship between employees; they bring together employees from different shifts, different departments, and different career levels and promotes a culture of unity and pride. In an environment of listening, caring, developing, thanking and inspiring, the Saint-Gobain Wayne Plant IS a Great Place to Work
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.