Finishing Operator I sets up and operates multiple machines or uses hand tools for repetitive and high production finishing operations to include grinding, cutting to dimensions, dressing, speed testing and small sandblasting. Product handled may be in forms ranging from initial shaping to final finishing.
· Works with and transforms manufactured products including Abrasives wheels, Abrasive Segments , Ceramic finish, and Kiln furniture.
· Makes necessary adjustments to set up and control a limited variety of production equipment/machinery (i.e., sandblaster, speed tester, balancer) using hand or power tools. Observes machine operations to detect any problems.
· May trim, scrape, shape, or deburr objects or parts, using chisels, scrapers, and other hand tools.
· Works from work orders, machine instruction, supervisor, and/or Finishing Operator II’s direction to determine product specifications, tool/equipment requirements or operational sequence required for the job.
· Loads or unloads material or work piece manually or with hoists into machinery.
Supports World Class Manufacturing activities including autonomous work teams
· High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience required.
· Technical school training, apprenticeship program, or equivalent work experience may be required.
· This position requires up to 3 months work experience to become proficient in all phases of the job to work independently.
· The Finishing Operator I must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance and weight greater than 50 pounds with lift devise assistance.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for continuous periods of time, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and smell.
Mental & Visual Demands
Some concentrated mental and visual attention is regularly required for accuracy and quantity while performing Finishing responsibilities.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Abrasives manufacturers and distributes high quality abrasive products to engineering, distribution and retail markets in the US. We are the world’s leading abrasives manufacturer and the only international supplier of abrasives that manufacturers each of the 3 major types of abrasives: Bonded Abrasives, Coated Abrasives and Diamond products.
With a strong presence in every continent the Abrasives Division serves its customers through structured sales operations in over 26 countries and employs nearly 16,000 people globally. Abrasives forms a key part of the High Performance Materials Division of Saint-Gobain, which is one of the 5 key areas of activity in which Saint-Gobain operate.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.