The Extruder Operator is responsible to efficiently operate extrusion lines and downstream equipment, produce quality product, maintain well organized and clean work area, and fill out required documentation to ensure a quality product. Dependability is an essential part of this job as well as the ability to team with co-workers.
· High School Graduate or GED
· Must be able to read, write, and perform basic math.
· Must have basic computer skills
· Communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers
· Must have mechanical aptitude and be able to use basic hand tools
· Ensuring the safety, quality, housekeeping, 5S and KOI performance for the assigned line
· Perform adjustments to extrusion equipment and tooling to maintain quality specifications, clean and assemble tooling as needed, perform adjustments to line
· Setup and monitor downstream equipment (where applicable): puller, saw, router, strapper, wrapper, capping machine, boxing area, vacuum lift, sawzall guard
· Basic troubleshooting of equipment and process issues. Seek assistance from others as needed.
· Understand all operations of downstream equipment ( routers, saws, stackers etc)
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.