We have 4 openings for Extruder Operators on our off shifts at the Akron, Ohio facility. The starting rate is $19.41 per hour.
The primary responsibility for the operator is the safe and efficient manufacture, change-over and setup of tubing; profile extrusions and braided tubing, including winding, packaging and quality assurance functions.
· Perform timely setups while adhering to close tolerances
· Maintaining line speeds while generating minimal scrap
· Making adjustments to extruder controls, downstream equipment, change screens, dies, pins and screws as required
· Secure all tooling and downstream equipment prior to upcoming runs
· Use all tools and equipment provided by the company in a safe and respectful manner
· Keep all hoppers filled with appropriate compound
· Remove and report all scrap from the extruder per ISO Procedures and Wok Instructions
· Inspection and quality of finished product
· Use various measuring devices and systems to determine product quality
· Make all packaging components for finished product
· Correctly complete all records that are required for the job to include: Production, Quality, Setup and 5S charts
· High School Diploma or the equivalent
· Ability to read and follow SOP’s and Work Instructions
· Ability to accurately use calipers and other measuring devices
· Mechanical aptitude
· Good Shop Math Skills
· Professional and Respectful communication skills both oral and written
· Ability to work independently and as a team member
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.