Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home .
What’s the job?
This position acts as a resource within the facility to other departments regarding employee safety, ensures environmental compliance, identifies and completes sustainability projects, and leads the plant environmental improvement efforts.
· Plant is located in Athens, Georgia
· Manage the sites environmental permits
· Manage ISO 14001 program and audits
· Develop and implement policies and procedures to continually improve the facilities environmental program
· Lead the site efforts toward achieving company Energy and Emissions Objectives (2030 Goals)
· Manage assigned environmental and sustainability projects
· Develop capital cost, design and installation plans for new equipment specifically environmental equipment
· Ensures company methods and procedures for communicating environmental, health & safety matters to employees are effective, and employee concerns and suggestions receive prompt response by management
What do you bring?
· BS degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or related field is required.
· At least 3 to 5 years’ experience of environmental engineering in manufacturing environment.
· Experience managing environmental licenses, permits and reporting (Air Quality Permit – Title V, Industrial Storm Water Permit, SPCC Plan.
· Experience managing 14001 program
· General knowledge of Environmental Protection Agency regulations
· Experience with reporting necessary environmental information to regulatory agencies.
· Experience with leading a team of employees to implement an improvement or new procedure.
· Experience with presenting or communicating with small groups of hourly employees for training or other purposes.
· Experience with performing inspections in an industrial environment.
· Knowledge of, or ability to understand operational excellence principles and tools, such as 5S, SMED, Kaizen, Six Sigma green belt, and TPM.
· CAD or AutoCAD skills and or working knowledge of process engineering software preferred
· Ability to diagnose and prioritize opportunities in areas of savings, throughput improvement, and yield improvement.
· Must be able to design experiments and provide statistical analysis of those trials as to effectiveness.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft office
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Ourmenu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
· Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
· Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
· Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
· Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
· Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
· Employee Recognition Programs
· PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
· LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Who are we ?
Come be a part of our bigger purpose to change the world!
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.