Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
What’s the Job?
The Electrical Tech for CertainTeed’s Avery, OH, manufacturing site provides electrical and mechanical support for their assigned crews. They also provide electrical diagnostic and troubleshooting skills to support production needs and support uptime of equipment. The Electrical Tech ensures crew line mechanics and line electricians are verifying that emergency breakdown information is being entered, running PM’s are being completed, and designated work orders assigned are being completed in SAP. This position is expected to complete electrical engineering improvement projects that are assigned by the electrical supervisor.
· Provide technical support for both line mechanics and electricians as needed, including as emergency coverage for Electrical Supervisor.
· Provides electrical/mechanical diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, especially with regard to PLC’s.
· Validate that emergency breakdown information is completed.
· Communicate downtime issues with maintenance and production personnel.
· Attends weekly electrical planning meetings.
· Communicates and logs daily activities to oncoming shift to verify effective handoff of information.
· Support production supervisors as requested and required.
· Further develop skill set of crew electricians.
Reports to: Electrical Supervisor
What do you bring?
· 5 or more years of manufacturing experience is required.
· Knowledge and experience working on Allen Bradley, and Sieman’s 505 PLC’s.
· Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve electrical issues on the shop floor.
· Must have the ability to read electrical schematics, understand relay logic, drive systems, ladder logic, etc...
· Experienced in using megohmmeters, multimeter, and additional electrical diagnostic equipment.
· Experienced in calibrating instrumentation devices such as temp. controls, level controls, photohelic gauges, etc.
· Must be able to effectively use Microsoft Office including Excel/Word/Power point.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed , headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.