At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you’ve experience working at high voltage, are interested in multi-site responsibility, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as an Electrical Engineer.
You’ll be working for British Gypsum, based centrally from the East Midlands, with travel to five mining sites (Notts, Derby, Staffordshire, West Sussex and Cumbria). British Gypsum is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and the is the UK’s leading manufacturer of interior lining systems.
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; so whether you’ve never worked in the mining industry before, but have had years of experience in quarries, heavy engineering or the coal industry, you’re just as likely to be a great fit! For this role in particular we are looking for someone with the following experience and expertise;
· High voltage experience (3.3kv to 11kv)
· Heavy industry experience such as mining, quarrying or coal
· A degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent)
· SCADA knowledge would be an advantage
· Stakeholder management/relationship management experience
What will I be doing in the role?
This Electrical Engineer position is hugely important to our continued development and success. In this role you will;
· Provide technical support across our five mines
· Ensure that appropriate electrical engineering standards for both capital equipment and routine maintenance processes are deployed by the mines in the appropriate manner
· Review and update the mines Electrical Engineering Standards to maintain and improve the integrity, safety, reliability and efficiency of the equipment utilised
· Ensure the Electrical equipment within the mines is specified, designed, installed and maintained to the appropriate integrity and safety standards
Are British Gypsum and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.