Oxford, USA Design / Civil engineering / Industrial engineering
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home .
What’s the job?
The Electrical Engineer supports all aspects of the Oxford Roofing manufacturing facility by providing electrical engineering expertise to various engineering projects as assigned. This position also provides necessary support in coordinating proper maintenance of process equipment and facilities. The Electrical Engineer assists in identification, analysis, and control of occupational risks and hazards requiring application of professional engineering knowledge, skill, and abilities in a team environment. This position reports direction to the Maintenance Manager.
· Provide technical support to maintain facility and help optimize production process equipment in support of safety, quality, service, and the profit impact activities as well as support and maintain direct plant energy related activities.
· Provide technical support to plant personnel and maintain engineering documentation, CAD, and other drawing files which support project work and engineering.
· Provides input into planning and scheduling of projects and preparing capital expenditures.
· Performs root cause analysis as well as implements sustainable countermeasures on losses related to maintenance.
· Collaborate with Maintenance Manager to develop PMs that drive improved reliability.
· Interacts with Managers and Supervisors at plant and corporate personnel to secure appropriate resources to plan and implement projects.
· Collaborates with other engineering teams to coordinate any proposed changes using the change management system.
· Supports Autonomous Maintenance through training of operators and ensuring that equipment basic conditions are maintained.
· Plan maintenance activities in conjunction with the assigned Maintenance Planner.
What do you bring?
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline; or 5 years of equivalent training and experience to have comprehensive knowledge of the practices, procedures and regulations associated with fundamental electrical engineering principles.
· 3-5 years’ of applied professional experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Excellent problem solving capabilities and the ability to work independently on assigned tasks. Knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 is a plus, including continual improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing, TPM, and Six Sigma.
· Understanding of computerized maintenance management systems is expected.
· Flexible and open-minded with excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization.
Who are we ?
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Ourmenu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
· Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
· Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
· Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
· Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
· Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
· Employee Recognition Programs
· PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
· LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.