Designer – Uddingston
Pasquill – part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of ‘TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL 2016-2021’
Pasquill are a leading supplier of trussed rafters to the UK market, with an unrivalled network of design and manufacturing sites providing nationwide coverage with local knowledge and service. To see some of our latest projects go to https://www.pasquill.co.uk/recent-projects/
Due to business growth, we have an exciting opportunity for a JJI Joist Designer to join our team at our brand new offices in Uddingston.
About the role:
As a Designer at Pasquill, you will be part of a team providing a high quality, single point of contact design service to our customers, who are predominantly National Housebuilders and large contractors.
As part of your role, you will:
· Review architectural plans and liaise with customers, contractors and architects to produce detailed, accurate designs using the Mitek software suite.
· Communicate with our production teams to ensure they have the relevant information to manufacture and deliver the final product to the customer’s timescales.
· Build good working relationships with large scale customers and ensure they get an unrivalled level of service.
It’s a given that you’ll have a great attitude and will love dealing with customers, but we’re also looking for someone who has the following:
· Excellent communication skills
· A keen interest in the construction industry and technical design
· Previous experience of designing roof trusses
· Strong attention to detail and meticulous accuracy
· Enjoys working as part of a team
· A qualification in Architectural design or similar would be advantageous but not essential
If this sounds like you then you could be just the person we are looking for!
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are!
In return, we can offer you:
· A competitive salary
· A defined contribution pension scheme
· 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), rising to 35 with service
· Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
· As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
· Employee discounts on High Street retailers and leisure activities, plus many other benefits
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.