Looking for a GREAT PLACE TO WORK? Look no further!
Saint-Gobain is a Global Top Employer.
Our team in Wayne, NJ is looking for an experienced
Chamfer Operator - 2nd shift
Setup, control, and run chamfer equipment including calendar machine. Inspect product according to standard operating procedures and work instructions.
· Set up and run chamfer equipment according to SOPs and work orders and/or special instruction(s) from supervisor/lead/or material handlers.
· Carefully monitor and inspect all material before, during, and after each run.
· Communicate and cooperate with fellow employees to maintain quality, operational efficiency and safety.
· Clean and maintain machinery, tools, and work area as scheduled or as needed.
· Maintain necessary records as required by SOPs and work instructions.
· Visually observe, troubleshoot, and report non-conformance condition (either product or process) to supervisor, or manager as required.
· Test samples for compliance with manufacturing standards according to SOPs.
· Exhibits safety awareness and safe work practices.
· Monitor quality of product through 1st piece and final inspection as required.
· Reports any non-conformances to the supervisor or Forming lead.
· Participate in self-development and training of others.
· Perform other related duties as required or as directed by supervisor.
· Understand all environmental policies and significant environmental impact of job activities in accordance with the ISO 14001 standard.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge of area-specific Saint-Gobain products and processes.
Able to operate independently and as part of a team.
Tool repair and maintenance, and one year experience in modifying Bihler and/or Finzer tooling machines.
Basic command of the English language, written and verbal.
Able to read and follow SOPs, labels and instructions and blueprints.
Demonstrated mechanical abilities, including use of measuring devices.
Experience in Statistical Process Control.
Demonstrated mechanical and mathematical abilities.
Computer skills necessary to fulfill department requirements.
Who are we ?
Our commitment to being a Great Place to Work is a strong one. We encourage and foster our employees to be engaged through their participation in various committees/ teams. These teams help build a relationship between employees; they bring together employees from different shifts, different departments, and different career levels and promotes a culture of unity and pride. In an environment of listening, caring, developing, thanking and inspiring, the Saint-Gobain Wayne Plant IS a Great Place to Work
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.