Are you looking for a great, career in a fast-paced, growing environment? We have an exciting opportunity in our Mickleton, NJ site for a Buyer/Planner !
This position is responsible for supporting the site procurement of all materials required to complete assembly fabrication and bulk components distribution in accordance with due dates driven by the Master Schedule and Production site demands.
The successful candidate will:
· Negotiate with current and potential suppliers and vendors to optimize the price, quality and delivery of materials with a minimum of lead time.
· Regularly assess the market, secure the revenue stream by developing contracts with critical suppliers and proposing to develop dual sources where it makes sense.
· Purchase high volume of materials and services to include all fittings, metal casing and metal hoses through the use of the MRP generated reports and global requisitioning system. This includes reviewing safety stock and inventory to maximize strategic inventory management.
· Launch all bids, purchase and negotiate raw materials and components for the site.
· Release and track work orders for hose distribution subcontractors in order to meet customer dates (both internal and external).
· Develop, measure and maintain schedules for the subcontracted orders and purchases material receipts.
· Review and maintain the sales order backlog with communicated due dates to customer service on material and subcontracted receipts.
· Negotiate and sign supply agreements with critical raw materials and component suppliers at a local level.
· Other duties as related to the position.
The successful candidate
· Is required to have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations Management or related fields.
· A Master's degree is preferred.
· 5+ years' experience in purchasing and/or materials management experience in a manufacturing environment required.
· 5+ yeasr' experience in supply agreement/contract negotiations required.
· 3+ years' experience in production planning/scheduling preferred.
· Excellent problem solving, negotiation and project leadership skills.
· Must be very proficient in Excel.
· Dedicated, self-starter with a high degree of motivation required.
We offer competitive compensation packages including benefits that start date of hire.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.