The Associate Development Engineer will report to Technology Development leader. This individual will provide hands on support for automotive application research, engineering / product development & testing for targeted applications within the Norglide & Rencol product lines. Specific tasks would include; Automotive application investigations/ teardown analysis, application development/ product design, sampling, material/application testing. Must have the ability to learn/start up, operate testing, use measurement equipment, standard shop tools and equipment as required
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical Degree preferred, Associate's Degree in Engineering or Technical Degree required.
· 2+ years of Engineering experience in an engineering machine shop environment and/or internship or
· 5+ years of shop experience.
· Ability to create drawings and 3D models using AutoCad Inventory, maintain drawing files and produce 3D printed parts.
· Ability to machine components using lathes, mills or hand tools, measurement tools, CMM for Prototype development, Retrofits and develop outside sources if required.
· Ability to work collaboratively as a team and work independently with minimum supervision.
· Understanding and/or desire to learn automotive systems and related mechanical equipment as well as mechanical aptitude to quickly understand automotive applications and have the ability to perform teardowns of automotive equipment..
· High degree of analytical and critical thinking, independent judgement and discretion.
· Experience working closely with development or manufacturing operations.
· Strong process and manufacturing engineering skills, including process diagnostic capability with a record of process cost savings.
Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple projects as well as maintain focus on individual tasks. Possess a strong work ethic. Treating others with respect, keeping committments, inspiring the trust of others, working ethically and with integrity while upholding Organizational values.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world, moving us forward, making meaningful connections, and inspiring us to go beyond the impossible. Within Mobility, our teams design and engineer critical, high-performance materials and proven solutions – most in challenging conditions and core systems that play an important part of our daily lives – as we drive to work or with family, fly on an airplane to explore the world, process samples for medical research, build a better rocket to go as far as we can in outer space; and dive deep under the sea to power our world. We are driven to collaborate with our customers and communities to improve and engineer the world of tomorrow!
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Mobility, and together, we’ll achieve the impossible!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.