The engineering candiate will be assigned a wide variety of projects related to the design and manufacturing of components and systems for use in the medical device and bioprocessing fluid management market segment. Assignments will require the engineer to assist in the design, development, testing and manufacturing of new and existing products. The engineer will work with product and tooling designers to create designs, assemblies and/or tooling that meet customer specifications. They will select thermoplastic and thermoset materials that meet property requirements, test and process these materials in new or existing tooling. The candidate will develop data driven test protocols, conduct testing and implement modifications as needed while ensuring very high level of quality standards are being met through the product life cycle. As needed, troubleshooting, problem solving and experimentation will be applied to new programs, product and process improvements or in cases of product defects.
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering Discipline Required
· Understand and can apply Design of Experiment methodology perferred
· Familiarity with computer modeling to create designs (AutoCAD, SolidWorks) Perferred
· Assessing manufacturing processes, taking measurements, interpreting data and providing recommendations Perferred
· Capable of reading blueprints perferred
· Flexible team player with high energy, an ingrained sense of service and caring, a high level of personal optimism and a well-developed sense of urgency required
· Generate customer confidence and remain calm and professional in stressful situations required
· Able to work independently or as part of a team required
· Analytical thinker that can communicate complex ideas in simpler terms perferred
· Is proactive, takes initiative and demonstrates the ability to make independent decisions required
· Excellent interpersonal, telephone, verbal and written communications skills. Excellent active listening skills required
· Develops leadership skills through work on active projects. Demonstrates the ability to act responsibly by completing project tasks efficiently, thoroughly and in a timely manner. Develops the ability to influence others to assist the individual in completing tasks preferred
· Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from improvements in efficiency, safety or cost. Devise and implement process control methods, systems and procedures which enhance these processes.
· Gain and apply working knowledge of product and assembly designs to manufacturing process development and vice versa. With input from customers and engineers, help develop product requirements and specifications. Assist product designers to design robust products and tooling according to customer requirements. Ensure new products are tested to meet customer specifications. Comply with quality management and safety procedures in the performance of all tasks.
· Collaborate with manufacturing operators, product and tooling designers to ensure product and tools are designed to optimize the manufacturability of products
· Conduct quality defect investigations, product testing, assess root cause of failures, report findings and make recommendations for improvements
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.