Assistant Branch Manager
Woking (Surrey) Marketing
Assistant Branch Manager - Woking
You’ll be working for Jewson based in Woking . Jewson is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and we pride ourselves on doing everything we can to understand our Customers needs in order to deliver solutions to save them time, money and hassle. Our Colleagues are critical to our Customers’ success and you will be working with a team that proactively supports them in every way possible. If you love working with people, you’re a good listener and you think you could help our customers feel welcome, then this could be a great opportunity for you to join our team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to progress and develop their career within the Building Merchants industry. With a proven track record of development and progression, this opportunity is the perfect kick-start to you career.
Is this role right for me?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit great people that really understand our values and ways of working. Experience within our industry is not essential, we are committed to providing you with the full tools and support required to carry out your role within Jewson. So if you have a passion for leading and developing a team, supporting your customers, taking the time to understand others and embracing differences, can build trust and are able to proactively seek out solutions that are right for our customers, then you are likely to be a great fit!
As an Assistant Branch Manager we are also looking for someone has strong communication and commercial awareness, whilst being able to support the Branch Manager in empowering the team to provide great customer service.
What will I be doing?
Our Assistant Branch Managers are an important contributor to the teams shared success and an essential part of our Customers positive experience with us. In order to support our customers and deliver a great service you will;
· Act as first line support to the Branch Manager to lead and support the team to deliver success and suggest opportunities for continuous improvement
· Get to know our product lines and services in order to make the most of all customer interactions in line with our Jewson Values
· Develop great relationships with new and existing Customers (both face to face and over the phone), understanding their needs and providing proactive advice and solutions so that you can deliver the best experience possible
· Get to know the local market to support plans for sales growth
· Use our in-house systems to process customer orders, organise delivery times, and keep customers updated throughout their journey
· Maintain stock levels, carrying out regular stock counts
· Lead your team to make Health & Safety a priority and demonstrate how you can keep yourself and others safe at work
Our Customers are all unique and so are our colleagues. We believe in including everyone so it doesn’t matter what your background is, we care about what you can offer and we welcome anyone who is passionate about our Customers and shares our Values.
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you’re passionate about working with people, you’re able to put your customer first, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as an Assistant Branch Manager.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role.
If you are interested in this role please apply today with an updated C.V!