Gibbs & Dandy – Assistant Branch Manager
Salary: Competitive, based on experience - Location: High Wycombe
Gibbs & Dandy – National Merchant of the Year 2018 / “One to Watch” Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work for 2019
As an Assistant Branch Manager , you’ll support the Branch Manager in leading and driving the performance of your branch. You’ll get involved in site operations, sales and building customer relationships, whilst ensuring the safety, culture and development of the team. This role is not for the faint hearted, as you will balance people, operational, administration and sales responsibilities on a daily basis. However, for those up for the challenge, this role is an exciting and rewarding opportunity!
Working for Gibbs & Dandy will mean you have no two days the same. You will have the opportunity to support and advise customers on our extensive products and service range, no matter how big or small their project is! You will also take pride in being an integral part of the Gibbs & Dandy mission to be ‘The Most Trusted Merchant in Town’
We’ve been in the industry for 175 years so we can proudly say we know a thing or two about providing our customers with the tools and materials they need to complete their building projects.
The Gibbs & Dandy team are a family; we value, respect and occasionally have the odd joke at the expense of each other, but what family doesn’t? It’s what makes us who we are, a close knit team on a mission. But we couldn’t give our customers a service they can trust without our people, and this is where you step in.
You’ll be joining Gibbs & Dandy High Wycombe . This branch is a well-established and busy branch, with a friendly team of 9 who work hard to offer a great service and excellent product knowledge.
So, what are we looking for?
· Experience of successfully supervising, supporting and coaching a team
· A curious and proactive approach to sales
· An understanding of branch operations
· The ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally
· Excellent time management skills
· A genuine enthusiasm for customer service and team engagement
What will we offer you?
As part of Saint-Gobain (‘Top Employer UK and globally’ 2016-2019), here at Gibbs & Dandy we offer:
· A competitive salary
· A discretionary bonus scheme
· Opportunities for career progression and development
· 31 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), plus the option to buy or sell additional days
· A defined contribution pension scheme
· Great discounts across high street chains, online stores and holiday agents
· Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme
· Access to a leading health and wellbeing portal
W hat are you waiting for? Apply today to join us on our journey to be the most trusted merchant in town!
For more information about us, check out our website: www.gibbsanddandy.com
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen.