At Jewson we pride ourselves on our ability to provide a great welcome to our customers, being proactive when helping them, being trusted, and recognised for our ‘customer first’ approach. If you are ambitious and enjoy a busy role that includes supervising a team and improving operational activity, this Assistant Branch Manager role could be a great opportunity for you.
This Assistant Branch Manager role is working in our Jewson Branch in Barry, Vale of Glamorgan . Jewson is the biggest employer in the UK Saint-Gobain business, with over 500 branches. This is an ideal position for someone wanting to take their first step into management.
What will I be doing in this role?
The Assistant Branch Manager position is key to the performance of the branch. It requires someone who can supervise a team of engaged colleagues to continually improve the customer experience and branch performance.
Key day to day duties include:
· Ensuring all branch activity is centred around the customer and ensuring they have the best possible experience
· Supervision of a team of colleagues – acting as the ‘eyes and ears’ for the Branch Manager
· Supporting the Branch Manager in the execution of the Sales plan for the branch
· Ensuring the safe and efficient management of daily operations
What skills are we looking for?
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; this means that we are open to applications from all Saint-Gobain businesses and would welcome you to apply if you can demonstrate the following key skills:
· A customer-focused approach and the ability to develop and maintain excellent relationship with customers and suppliers
· Supervision of colleagues – the ability to engage colleagues to help achieve the branch goals whilst ensuring all health and safety standards are upheld
· Strong administration and organisational ability to ensure daily operations are carried out safely and efficiently
· The drive and ambition to want to progress further within the branch management structure
Please note that product and system training can be provided where applicants may lack this knowledge. We encourage applications from all background if you can demonstrate the skills highlighted.
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
· A defined contribution pension scheme (company puts in 6% for employee’s 4%)
· Private Medical Insurance for colleague and partner potential to extend to family
· A company car, work mobile and laptop
· 31 days’ holiday, including statutory bank holidays.
· Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days’ holiday to be bought or sold).
· A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
· As an employee, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme (4x salary lump sum as death in service if paying into pension scheme)
· Staff discounts and various other benefits via a colleague platform (discounts, cashbacks, instant discounts or pre-loadable cards with major retailers etc.)
At Saint-Gobain, our purpose is to ‘Make the world a better home’. We are both manufacturers and distributors. Together with and for our customers, we design materials and solutions that have a positive impact on everyone’s life and provide well-being, quality of life and performance, while caring for the planet. Our materials can be found everywhere in our living places and daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications.
Our purpose is focussed on the future and guides our actions to unleash both individual and collective’s efforts to make sure everyone can live in a better world. It calls on us to innovate openly with the goal of better uniting humanity and nature for the common good. Our purpose is also based on strong values that guide us. We carry out our business in compliance with our Principles of Conduct and Action and the humanist values that are permeate our culture – listening, dialog, care, trust and respect for difference, all of which are central to our commitment to act every day to make the world a more beautiful and sustainable place.
If you’re up for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you!