Assistant Branch Manager – Jewson Builders’ Merchants
Competitive Salary - Based in Grantham
Jewson are a part of Saint-Gobain - Winners of ‘TOP EMPLOYER UK AND GLOBAL' five years running! (2016-2020)
Our Jewson Grantham team are looking for an ambitious Assistant Branch Manager to play a pivotal role in supporting the Branch Manager, supervising and empowering the team to achieve and exceed branch KPI’s.
As the UK's leading supplier of building materials and sustainable timber, Jewson always aim to provide a friendly customer service and expert advice. So whether you're from a retail or merchanting background, if you have the drive and motivation to help lead a team, then we may have the opportunity for you!
As an Assistant Branch Manager with Jewson, you will:
· Build and maintain effective relationships with the wider branch network to maintain Jewson’s position as one of the leading builders’ merchants in the UK.
· Coordinate promotional activity and maintain the Showroom.
· Provide a strong focus on Health & Safety Policies and Procedures and ensure staff uphold our H&S principles.
· Interpret complex information and act decisively on it.
· Keep up to date on your knowledge of products, technology and regulations.
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers
So if you…
· Have demonstrable people management experience and excellent communication skills.
· Have previous builders merchant experience or come from a relevant construction or retail background.
· Have fantastic customer service experience and know what great service looks, sounds and feels like.
· Can demonstrate good financial and commercial awareness.
· Are resilient by nature, with a positive work ethic and great attitude.
…we may just be the right fit for each other!
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are!
We also offer some fantastic benefits, including:
· Competitive Salary.
· 31 days holiday (including bank holidays).
· A defined contribution pension scheme.
· Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
· As an employee with Jewson, you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
· Staff discounts on high street and leisure activities and various other benefits.
So if you’re up for a new challenge, get in touch today to apply online!