We are looking for an Architectural Estimator to work within our Decoustics product brand within the CertainTeed Architectural Products portfolio.
This is a great chance to join a Top Employer and contribute to our growth and success!
Here’s what we do…
Since 1975, Decoustics has excelled in the custom-engineering and manufacturing of acoustical ceiling panel and wall systems. Custom-engineered ceilings showpieces in metal, felt, fiberglass, and wood. Backed by a team of collaborative professionals, CertainTeed Architectural Products provides expertise in acoustics, engineering, and innovation.
CertainTeed is a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain -- the world’s largest building materials company with a 350-year legacy of innovation and growth. Saint-Gobain group is leader in sustainable product development and environmental stewardship. We’re proud to that Saint-Gobain North America was recognized by Top Employers institute as on the best workplaces in North America & Canada.
For 113 years, CertainTeed has been synonymous with quality, trust, innovation, and service. Our team designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions in the construction and building materials market. CertainTeed’s broad product offering includes insulation, ceilings, roofing, siding, fence, railing, deck, exterior trim and gypsum board products. We provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change. Our offerings incorporate and promote the wellbeing for each of us and we are building a future where we collectively work together towards our core purpose to Make the World a Better Home.
What’s The Job?
Working closely with Engineering, your role will be to develop and provide quotations and technical sales support to the sales team and customers.
You will ensure product solutions are well defined, cost assumptions are accurate, and product and service offerings are positioned, priced and sold with a strong customer experience at all levels. Additionally, you will also be responsible to:
· Review architectural drawings/RCP’s and identify material scope across all product lines.
· Prepare quantity take-off and apply appropriate pricing strategy.
· Determine and document criteria relating to acoustical performance, fire rating, LEED, Well, FSC, VOC, EPD’s and any other project specific testing requirements.
· Accurately assess all factors of project scope which may affect cost, including probable scope which may have been left out or is unspecified.
· Collect and analyze data in order to estimate the time, money, materials and labor required to manufacture a product or provide a service.
· Coordinate quotation strategy with Sales Manager as needed.
· Ensure timely completion of estimates and submit quote/BID documents to all potential bidders for future follow up
· Work with client/Manager to coordinate quotation, negation, and closeout strategy.
· Prepare submittals, sample and testing requirements consistently clarifying delivery schedule issues or timeline issues to project/client team.
· Post-Secondary education in Architecture or Interior Design and minimum 2 years of experience within related field.
· Understanding of commercial construction and bidding process.
· Proficiency in reading and interpreting architectural drawings.
· Strong independent problem-solving and organizational skills.
· Ability to work effectively with customers according to tight deadlines and in a rapidly changing environment.
· Sound knowledge of MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, BlueBeam or On-Screen Take-Off Software.
· Experience within the architectural, construction or manufacturing. Industry.
Who are we ?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
· Hybrid work environment – work up to 60% from home!
· Excellent healthcare benefits package.
· Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program.
· Financial Security: Competitive RRSP, Company-funded DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan) and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG).
· Volunteer Day off: Give back to the community – each employee has one paid day a year that they can use towards volunteering their time and effort with a registered charity.
· LiveWell Program: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle.
· And more!
Why Work with us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home .
To learn more about us visitwww.certainteed.ca
We look forward to hearing from everyone but please note that due to the volume of resumes submitted, only those selected for next steps will be contacted. To stay in touch with CertainTeed, follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Saint-Gobain is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations throughout the recruitment process to applicants upon their request. This commitment is in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).