The Applications Engineer is primarily responsible for providing technical service support to Saint-Gobain field sales personnel and customers, including new product introduction and testing, application testing, troubleshooting, sales presentations, and product training. The Applications Engineer provides product information to customers and translates customers’ needs to product development for action. The Applications Engineer works in conjunction with Sales/Marketing to identify, prototype and develop new/custom products. Serves as direct link between customers and the business with responsibility for responding to technical and application issues, creating, measuring and maintaining data, reporting results and initiating action.
Education Requirements :
Bachelor’s Degree in physical Engineering or similar Disciplines.
Work Experience/Requirements :
· Position requires strong communication skills (electronic, written and verbal), ability to interact with diverse customers and management at all levels, and strong innovation and issue solving skills
· Able and willing to travel as needed (up to 50%)
· A desire to collaborate with others to develop novel solutions that make a material difference with our customers
· Experience leading team to attain goals
· Experience with customer contact ( service, collaboration or sales) is desirable
· Experience with specification development is desirable
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
· Introduces new products to PPL sales and customers, Tests and evaluates new and modified Saint-Gobain products before field release
· Collect, consolidate and publish product data
· Lead new product development projects, consistent with the strategic direction of product management
· Respond to customer applications issues and initiate corrective action
· Provide engineering support to customer service personnel, including customer specification review, and product selection
· Travels to customer sites for troubleshooting on product application problems
· Publishes informational bulletins on Saint-Gobain products
· Trains Saint-Gobain sales force and customers in product features and benefits
· Recommends and implements methods to increase the quality of products and/or services
· Indicates problems opportunities and points of attention using previous experiences
· Writes internal reports on progress of the technical support requests under his/her responsibility. Writes external reports and prepares presentations according to customer needs
· Build and maintain internal and external networks of subject matter experts. Attend trade shows, industry seminars, and technical training
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world,Composite Systems is comprised of three business units including Films & Fabrics, Tape Solutions and Thin Films. Our ambition is to provide innovative solutions that combine material science, processing technology and design to save energy, provide protection, improve comfort, and give peace-of-mind to our customers. Our unique performance is delivered by passionate people, empowered to collaborate closely with our customers and solve their toughest challenges.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Composites, and together, let’s protect what matters most!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.