SageGlass is all about its people, its products and its company culture. The vision of the company is to deliver a durable, reliable and high-performance energy-saving electrochromic product for buildings and to provide a healthier indoor environment for their occupants. Its award winning electronically tintable glass solution is second-to-none and recognized by Green Building, Inc. as one of the top ten green building products available on the market place.
The 2nd Shift IG Assistant Supervisor will lead their team members to safely accomplish all of the production, quality, and cleaning tasks normally associated with the IG department.
Responsibilities and expectations for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
· Lead by example.
· Be the secondary point of contact for their area for a specified shift.
· Quickly produce a production plan and stage materials.
· Lead the shift start meeting and communicate shift plan with the Process Technicians in the absence of the IG Supervisor
· Take responsibility for the safety of 2nd Shift Team Members and report discipline issues with documentation to the 1st Shift IG Supervisor.
· Assist 2nd Shift IG Supervisor with verbal and written warnings
· Be responsible for the organization and prioritization of the shift activities (including breaks and position rotations).
· Work closely with the IG Supervisors, Engineers, Area Manager and the Maintenance Team.
· Complete the pass down report for the shift.
· Be responsible for the escalation of issues to the Department Manager, other IG Supervisors, Engineers, Safety manager, etc.
· Fill in as required for breaks or PTO coverage to continue operation of the line.
· Drive to meet production goals (Yield, FT2, Uptime, and Quality)
· Shift Schedule is 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. (Monday-Friday)
· 3 years’ experience in manufacturing is preferred, but not required
· Excellent problem solving, creative thinking and communication skills
· Ability to work alone and in a team environment
· Computer experience required
· Excellent safety record
· Excellent attendance record.
· Ability to understand and follow SOP’s
· Previous supervisor experience preferred
· Experience planning in a manufacturing environment
· Works well under pressure and a history of reliability
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
· A history of progressive responsibilities, and duties
· Ability to work closely with operational teams, plant maintenance technicians and production engineers.
· Experience with MS Office, specifically Outlook, Excel, and applications such as Vanna.
· Experience creating shift or pass down reports is a plus
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with an amazing culture, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
· Strong compensation and bonus plan
· Full medical, dental and vision benefits
· Company funded Retirement Accumulation Plan (Pension)
· Paid Time Off
· Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
Who are we ?
SageGlass® is the pioneer of the world’s smartest electrochromic glass and is transforming the indoor experience for people by connecting the built and natural environments. Electronically tintable SageGlass controls sunlight to optimize daylight, outdoor views and comfort while preventing glare, fading and overheating without the need for blinds or shades. SageGlass dramatically reduces energy demand and the need for HVAC by blocking up to 91 percent of solar heat. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, SageGlass is backed by more than 350 years of building science expertise that only the world leader in sustainable environments can provide.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.