· Job facts
Sr. Research Associate – iPSC Cell Therapy, Analytical Development
Genentech is seeking an exceptional, highly motivated, and technically talented individual to support the iPSC cell therapy analytical development, aiming to develop various analytical methods to support in-process control, release, and characterization of iPSC cell therapy products. The successful candidates have a background in iPSC biology (iPSC differentiation and iPSC-derived immune cells (e.g., T cells, NK cells) characterization), molecular biology, or related field.
· The responsibility in this role is majorly focused on lab work developing assays, designing experiments/troubleshooting.
· Functional characterization of iPSC-derived lymphocytes, T cells, and NK cells using multiple assays such as proliferation, cytotoxicity, cytokine release, and flow assays.
· Technical experience in immunology and oncology research with preferred experience in T/NK cell biology, including functional assays
· Application of extensive knowledge of immune cell biology including activation pathways, signaling pathways, and antigen-specific differentiation
· Design and execute experiments to characterize iPSC differentiation to therapeutic immune cells including T cells, NK cells, and other immune cell types
· Extensive phenotypic characterization of lymphoid cells using multicolor flow cytometry, NGS, and other states of the art methods
· Coordinating experiments with other scientists across functional groups, compile data and present results, and stay current on relevant primary literature
· Effectively manage multiple projects while adhering to aggressive timelines
· Timely documentation (Electronic lab notebook) and updates
· Write reports, SOPs, and test procedures
The right candidate will be an experienced researcher with a track record of scientific accomplishments.
· M.S. with 3-5 years of experience or a B.S./B.A. with 5-10 years of experience in either iPSC biology, immunology, or related field is required.
· Extensive experience with human iPSC cell culture, maintenance, characterization, and differentiation, primary T/NK cells, and other immune cells is required.
· Extensive experience working with gene-edited iPSCs, Screening, and their functional validation before and after differentiation is required.
· Lymphocyte characterization and their functional validation using cell-based assays (e.g., flow, image-based, cytokine) and other states of the art technologies are required.
· Experience with multiparameter flow cytometry is required
· RNA-sequencing and ATAC-seq desirable
· Familiarity with gene editing and delivery approaches (viral vectors, transposons/recombinases, homologous recombination) is desirable.
· Must have strong record-keeping, time management, and data analysis skills
· Self-motivated and focused with project management-oriented thinking; able to work on multiple projects in a matrix environment
· Strong communication skills for working with cross-functional teams as well for cross-departmental colleagues
· High scientific integrity, committed to ethics and scientific rigor, create a collaborative and creative culture
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.