· Job facts
We are seeking an experienced Scientist/Sr. Scientist to support drug discovery in the Department of Small Molecule Pharmaceutics at Genentech. The primary responsibilities for this role extend from formulation and pharmaceutics support from early stage research to late stage research, IND-enabling safety studies, and informing development strategy for clinical formulation. This person will primarily be responsible for pharmaceutical profiling and drug delivery approaches during preclinical assessment of novel small molecule therapeutics for unmet medical needs.
The successful candidate is expected to:
· Develop best practices and lead strategies to help support Discovery teams and Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Sciences.
· Drive scientific and technical innovation collaboratively with other members of
Discovery teams and within Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Sciences.
· Focus on selection, profiling and advancing small molecule clinical candidates in a scientifically rigorous, phase-appropriate manner
· Develop and execute pre-formulation and preclinical formulation strategies based on strong scientific rationale and pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical properties of molecules for one or more projects
· Based on preclinical knowledge, identify potential risks during clinical formulation development.
· Leverage preclinical knowledge, participate in key decisions such as physical
form selection and clinical formulation design
· Have a proven track record of publication in high quality scientific journals
· Participate and thrive in an interactive, collaborative, team-oriented culture,
interfacing with discovery and early development functions
A Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or
related fields with 3-10 years' experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Knowledge and expertise in the interplay between molecular physicochemical properties, absorption processes, and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic (PK/PD) relationships with formulation modality is required. Experience in working within the drug discovery space is highly desired. Additionally, experience in alternative therapeutic modalities (such as peptides, etc.) and drug delivery technologies (such as inhalation, ocular, topical, etc.) is highly valued.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills,
and problem-solving skills, as well as demonstrate the ability to plan, design, implement and analyze laboratory experiments to advance projects and guide formulation selection and development.
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.