· Job facts
In an Organisation with big ambition there's opportunity to make meaningful change a reality. Our mission to enable truly personalised healthcare is one which can unlock new and life changing outcomes for patients. It's worth our hard work and our most enlightened innovation.
The Medical Manager is a strategic position that will shape our patient healthcare through your expertise and agile mindset. It's going to require a unified approach that links account planning, healthcare professionals and cross functional Squads.
You're joining a business that's using meaningful data at scale and advanced medical analytics to revolutionise the way we look at healthcare. We're using insightful data to power personalised healthcare and treatment plans in an approach that will be integral to the future of healthcare.
To develop the medical components of a Squad Strategy for specific therapeutic areas whilst generating customer insights/needs to ensure fast access with better outcomes for more patients. Act as a single point of contact for internal stakeholders leveraging expertise. Provide in-depth expertise for a specific therapeutic area or medical process; serves as “moral compass” within a squad. Act as “custodian” of data and evidence (in partnership with relevant internal stakeholders) to ensure credible communications of value.
Reporting to the Head of Medical your key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
· Build, maintain & shape medical networks/clinical ecosystem, across different types of stakeholders;
· Develop customer/market development strategies across key external stakeholders in ecosystem;
· Maintain knowledge of, and generate relevant insights into, ecosystem, clinical practice and relevant product content;
· Bring customer insights/ knowledge/ needs (“pains/gains”) from field into Squads;
· First medical point of contact for external stakeholders and relevant internal stakeholders;
· Identify and interpret customer data (analysis)/ evidence needs and ensure these are addressed
· Co-create solutions for customer needs;
· Maintain regular contacts with investigators for key studies. Identify and develop scientific relationship with external TAEs/experts who are qualified sources of insight and advice. Planning and execution of relevant scientific advisory boards and expert meetings; and
· Take personal responsibility for maintaining high ethical standards and operating in compliance with local and global policies, the IPHA Code of Practice for the Pharmaceutical Industry and the Medicinal Products (Control of Advertising) Regulations 2007.
The followingskills/qualificationsare required:
· A Healthcare Professional or Postgraduate Scientific Degree;
· A minimum of 2 year's professional experience within the medical pharmaceutical industry is essential;
· Knowledge and understanding of the Irish Access and Reimbursement Environment;
· Product launch experience is desirable;
· Proven track record of working in Oncology is advantageous;
· Knowledge of the overall drug development process relevant to pharmaceutical/ biotechnology organizations;
· Ability to foster and maintain relationships with external TAEs, other thought leaders, and external organizations are strongly preferred;
· Appreciates the diversity of working within an agile environment;
· Strategic thinker;
· Excellent communications skill which can impact and influence people;
· Entrepreneurial; able to identify opportunities beyond the product;
· Fluent English language knowledge, written and verbal.
Closing date for applications: 6th November 2020
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Medical Affairs, Medical Affairs > Medical Information/Scientific Affairs
· Who we are
Roche Products (Ireland) Limited was established as a full affiliate of F. Hoffman-La Roche. The company is based in Citywest in Dublin 24, and deals with the commercial aspects of our Irish business, including sales and marketing, finance, regulatory and medical affairs for the Pharmaceutical Division.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.