· Job facts
1. Job Description:
1.1. Role and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will report to the Manufacturing Supervisor – Downstream Bioprocessing and will form part of the Reagent Manufacturing – Downstream Bioprocessing group within Roche Diagnostics Operations Cape Town. Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
· Conduct and monitor production activities or laboratory experiments utilizing established and published procedures or batch records and technical and theoretical understanding while managing schedules and work flow to accomplish assigned objectives or schedules.
· Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of production work or testing activities. Summarizes batch or experimental results, and reviews conclusions with supervisor/project leader. Communicates results of experiments. Keeps supervisor/project leader informed of work status, particularly of significant findings and results in critical problem areas.
· Analyses and interprets test results, experimental data using various data analysis software, spreadsheets and or applying quantitative methods. Uses technical writing skills to produce reports and documents. May present findings at internal meetings.
· Assumes accountability for batch record, hard copy or electronic lab notebook documentation, ensuring experimental methods and results are recorded timely, accurately and consistently, and according to established formats.
· May troubleshoot issues related to equipment or instrumentation. With guidance, analyses and brainstorms alternative approaches to solve problems, makes recommendations and finds solutions to solve problems.
· Establishes as appropriate internal/ cross-functional/ customer relationships
· Other duties as assigned by management.
1.2. Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· 3 years of relevant industry experience or general laboratory experience
1.3. Preferred Skills
· Thorough working knowledge of relevant international ISO Standards (13485, 14971) and regulations (European medical devices directives) would be advantageous.
· The ability to work in an accurate and meticulous manner within specified time frames while planning daily and weekly activities on multiple levels.
· Accountability, the ability multitask, perform consistently under pressure and work without supervision.
· Excellent communication and personal task management skills.
· Positive attitude, a high level of self-motivation and the ability to work as part of a team.
· Proven track record of strong work ethic and drive to achieve.
· Ability to deal with and adapt to change.
· Who we are
At Roche, 98,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.