· Job facts
Who We Are
Roche Diagnostics International Ltd in Rotkreuz is one of the world's leading providers of diagnostic system solutions for clinics, laboratories, and doctors' offices. The company employs over 2200 people in Rotkreuz and is one of Roche Diagnostics main sites.
Please note that this vacancy is not currently linked to an open position. We are anticipating future needs in our organization. If you are interested in this kind of role, please apply today and we may contact you should a position matching your profile become available.
In a global, cross-functional environment, the System Development (SD) department is responsible for workflow optimization and the successful integration of hardware, software, consumables, and reagents to finally perform the system verification of diagnostics instruments.As a Lab Technician, you will work as a cross-functional team to maintain and further develop launched complex diagnostic systems.
In this position, you will be responsible for the following areas:
· Responsible for laboratories supervision and laboratory equipment
· Representing the working group in the quality team for laboratories
· Support of R&D and validation projects
· Carry out and analyze molecular biology experiments following established SOPs
· Ordering, tracking, and accepting test samples and consumables according to SOPs
· Independent communication with other departments
· Report experimental results to project managers in a timely manner
Who we are
Roche Diagnostics International in Rotkreuz is a leading provider of diagnostic systems solutions, and the largest manufacturer of fully automated in vitro diagnostic systems in Switzerland. We are more than 2'700 passionate colleagues from over 65 nationalities. Find out more about our site in Central Switzerland, here .
Besides extensive development and training opportunities, we offer flexible working options, 18 weeks of maternity leave and 10 weeks of gender independent partnership leave. Our employees benefit from multiple services on site such as child-care facilities, medical services, restaurants and cafeterias, as well as various employee events.
We believe in the power of diversity and inclusion, and strive to identify and create opportunities that enable all people to bring their unique selves to Roche.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Who you are
You are someone who wants to influence your development. You are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
The ideal candidate for our dynamic, international team will have the following skills and experience:
· Bachelor's degree in biology or related field preferred.
· Experience and willingness to work in a highly regulated industry and labs with biosafety levels 1 and 2.
· Enthusiastic team player with good communication and collaboration skills. Solution-oriented, autonomous, and proactive working style.
· Experience in statistical data analysis
· You write and speak English fluently; German is a plus.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.