· Job facts
Healthcare Funding & Financing Initiatives Manager/Senior Manager, as a part of the Economic Impact Strategy team, is central to our vision to transform healthcare for patients and their families in India. The incumbent will work with teams in the patient value and access team and other teams/communities in the affiliate to lead the development, implementation, and communication of innovative healthcare funding/financing initiatives including social impact bonds (and other result based financing initiatives), private/public insurance projects and other funding initiatives to alleviate affordability concerns for patients and health systems with the end objective of ensuring access of right healthcare to the right patient at the right time, for the right duration.
· Identify opportunities of utilising innovative funding/financing projects (e.g. result based financing for health outcomes) as a lever to increase affordability for patients in the public and the OOP markets
· Develop public sector facility and/or community-based costings and investment cases including conducting public/private sector service availability assessment exercises
· Gather evidence and conduct analyses to design health benefits package for public & private insurance projects including development of standardized set of health metrics/outcomes for project implementation.
· Linkage of service benefits to service delivery models and associated purchasing arrangements with public reimbursement bodies
· Collection and analysis of information on current funding flows in the health sector to identify opportunities to improve efficiency
· Quantification and mapping of funding needs against available resources including helping health systems to identify funding gaps and access additional resources
· Develop and deliver compelling presentations to inform evidence-based/data-driven decision making
Competencies and strengths
· Ability to navigate partners and build new relationships, including strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build relationships in a multicultural environment;
· Ability to bring a coalition of government and non-government stakeholders together to support innovative health funding/financing objectives;
· Project management experience, including program design and execution as well as monitoring and evaluation, an advantage;
· Strong strategic and problem solving skills, including excellent analytical and quantitative skills, and attention to detail;
· Strong writer, facilitator and oral communicator able to explain complex concepts to a variety of audiences;
· Ability to work independently and to self-motivate and propose new initiatives;
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly adapt to changing priorities;
· Ability to navigate ambiguous and complex processes and be flexible;
· Strong communication skills, including delivery of compelling presentations and documents.
· Full proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
· Exhibition of Roche Leadership Commitments and Values
Qualifications and experience
· A degree in Economics, Finance, Actuarial Science or a health-related discipline is preferred;
· Experience can be in a private or public sector or non-governmental organisation setting. At least 8 years of directly related experience. (3-5 years of experience for Managers.)
· Understanding of local state environment and healthcare levers is beneficial
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Access, Access > General Access
· Who we are
Roche Pharmaceuticals, India, has been disseminating scientific knowledge pertaining to innovative medicines to the medical fraternity. We have products in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Virology, Nephrology, Transplantation, Anemia and Arthritis. In recognition of its contributions in Oncology, Roche India has been awarded the Best Oncology Company of the Year by Frost & Sullivan at the India Healthcare Excellence Awards for the years 2011, 2012 and 2014.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.