· Job facts
This position has overall accountability to maintain and operate the utilities equipment to supply seamlessly Air, Steam, Water, Power and other utilities services (clean and Plant Utilities)
Leadership & People Management:
▪ Create an environment of strong team spirit, timely and effective communications, sense of urgency, high motivation and inspire teams to achieve goals in the immediate and longer term.
▪ Be an active and visible change agent, promoting flexible and open mindsets to new opportunities.
▪ Establish the strategic goals and objectives and maintain full strategic responsibility for the Utility organization.
▪ As a Facility and Engineering leadership team member, drive collaboration within site and across network activities, cross-functional planning, and decision making.
▪Accountable for overall budget and financial performance of the Utility organization.▪Proactively promote positive Safety Culture and cGMP operating principles.▪ Embody PT lean leadership principles and methods while fostering a continuous improvement mindset.
- General Management
o Manage expense and capital budgets for the Utility organization.
o Administers service contracts ensuring that cost, quality and delivery achieve the best value and manages ongoing relationship with providers.
o Ensure SHE and cGMP Compliance for all Utilities functionso Partners with and supports other Roche legal entities in the country for Utilities management support.
o Manage and operate plant utilities, assuring required quality and availability while directing effective conservation programs relating to water, electricity, and natural gas.
o Responsible to ensure that Utilities are delivered in a safe, compliant, reliable and efficient manner according to customer expectations.
o Collaborate to delivery of innovative and cost effective designs for various CAPEX projects on the site.
o Stays abreast of developments in code and regulatory issues at the local level for impact to company operations and ensures that all utilities comply with these regulations and cGMP requirements. Will also obtain and maintain all permits and licenses associated with utilities.
o Manage the measures to be taken based on the results of the Utilities performance indicators in collaboration with Reliability
▪ Bachelors Degree (science or engineering is preferred)
▪ Graduate or higher-level Degree is preferred
▪ Utility Professional certifications is preferred
▪ Utilities specialization in Maintenance and Operation is preferred.
- Experience (may vary depending on site size/scope)
▪ 10 or more years' work experience in the pharmaceutical or related industry▪ 4 or more years' people management experience
▪ 4 or more years' Utilities management, engineering or related experience in the pharmaceutical industry
▪ Extensive experience working in a cGMP environment
▪ At least 3 years' work experience in Safety Standards environment
▪ Experience with start-up, commissioning and qualification of utilities equipment, including requirements for documentation and testing
▪ Expert knowledge of HVAC, central plant utility systems, Building Automation Systems / Building Management Systems, clean room technology
▪ Expert knowledge of cGMP relevant to the pharmaceutical industry▪ Builds trustful and effective relationships
Work Environment/Physical Demands/Safety Considerations:
▪ Works in standard office environment.
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.