· Job facts
· Legal and Compliance Officer of the RSS Americas.
Specific duties for this position are:
· Support the implementation of Guiding Compliance Documents set forth by the local, regional and global guidelines within Roche.
· Support the successful implementation of new or existing local, regional and global initiatives and projects.
· Improve procedures, processes and guidelines by identifying gaps.
· Ensure Roche Financial Compliance Framework is correctly implemented and understood.
· Advice RSS Leadership and main stakeholders on financial compliance approach tailored to requirements of specific situations.
· Identifying potential areas of financial compliance vulnerabilities and risks and consolidation of compliance exposure.
· Coordinate Audit/Test Administration tasks within the RSS Americas, between affiliates and internal and external audits.
· Perform preventive regular SOD (Segregation of Duties) checks and monitoring for the RSS Americas and supportive affiliates to ensure risks are mitigated or separated timely.
· Manage the yearly ICFR Change Cycle and the Control Self Assessment process in a timely and accurate manner.
· Provide SAP 1st Level Authorization services to affiliates in scope.
· Liaise and align with Roche's Shared Service Centers in Kuala Lumpur and Budapest in financial compliance topics.
· Define RSS Americas financial compliance strategy for the region in alignment with LAI, Global Financial Compliance and Travel and Expense BPOs.
· Manage a team of 15 + associates to ensure the highest levels of customer service satisfaction. Including, people development, training and process overview.
· Development of controls and KPI's to ensure compliance with Program and Operational requirements.
· Collaborate with other networks for risk mitigation.
· Partner with key stakeholders in the RSS financial policies creation/update such as Delegation of Authorities, Fixed Assets, Purchasing and Travel and Expense, among others.
Skills and competencies:
· A solid understanding of audit and compliance processes.
· Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively, adhere to tight and established deadlines.
· Demonstrated communication skills with a focus on customer service.
· Knowledge of Finance Shared Services (AP, AR, etc.), operational accounting processes, and related technology systems (eg. SAP etc.) is desired.
· Effective and professional verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to perform work with limited direction and guidance.
· Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
· Strong presentation and analytical skills.
· Ability to prioritize effectively and multitask, meet all deadlines and manage up.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate to all levels.
· Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate, and influence work behaviors.
· Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
· Works well with others and follows through to execute all tasks.
You bring the following qualifications and capabilities critical to the role:
· Completed bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, engineering, business, management or related area.
· 6+ years of experience in finance, financial compliance or audits roles. Direct experience in shared services is a plus.
· 3+ years of people leadership experience.
· Fluent in English & Spanish required, additional languages is a plus (i.e. Portuguese, French).
· Who we are
En Roche, nuestro éxito se basa en la innovación, la curiosidad y la diversidad, multiplicado por 100,000 profesionales en 100 países. Trabajando juntos, nos hemos convertido en uno de los grupos líderes de salud enfocados en la investigación.
Roche es una empresa que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades