· Job facts
As a Scientist within our Data & Analytics chapter, you will collaborate with peers within the IT Pharma function and across the organization, to develop methodologies and algorithms to generate impactful evidence and insights for our business, supporting Roche strategy in PHC (Personalized Healthcare). You will rely on your advanced analytical skills, and your ability to interact with cross-functional experts to enable us to optimize business performance, solve complex data problems and deliver the insight that helps to define our strategy and enable our organization to reach our patients faster.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
· Researching comprehensive statistical, mathematical and computing science algorithms across business contexts including research, development, commercial, finance and logistics;
· Investigating available tools and technologies in machine learning and deep learning;
· Supporting collaboration with third parties including academia and industry;
· Publishing papers to demonstrate expertise in research areas;
· Supporting Due Diligence of potential acquisitions.
If you are someone who wants to influence your own development and you are looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, where a job title is not the final definition of who you are, but the starting point, this may be the opportunity for you!
· Doctor degree with a strong focus on mathematics, statistics or computer science.
· Demonstrated knowledge in mathematical modelling, (e.g., Optimizing techniques, Solving ODE/PDE/SDE by numerical methods).
· Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: R, MatLab or Python.
· The following experiences will be considered a plus: modelling in the area of biomedical sciences or healthcare; high-performance computing by using GPU or Quantum Computing; GNU software development.
· Ability to solve problems by using machine learning or deep learning techniques.
· Quick learner and passionateabout continuously adapting your skills and knowledge. Ability to work in the interdisciplinary area and to interpret and translate the very abstract and technical approaches to a healthcare and business relevant solution.
· Strong team player and ability to work effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
· Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with different teams and parties of the organization, such as business, technical and academic partners.
· Fluency in Italian and in English.
· Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.