The position is a cross-functional, Informatics role with an initial focus to support the Informatics effort regarding the implementation of the STRIVE program (Strategic Transformation of our Information and Visual Environment) in support of the PD 2020 goals. STRIVE is strategic program to effectively and efficiently manage processes, information and systems supporting Product Development at Roche.
Data Modeler Role has the following Core Accountabilities:
· Understand and translate business needs into enterprise data models for Pharma Development.
· Maintain conceptual, logical Enterprise data models along with corresponding metadata.
· Create logical and physical data models using best practices to ensure high data quality and reduced redundancy.
· Work with the Development team to translate Logical Data Model into Physical Data Model
· Support Development team in optimizing and updating logical and physical data models to support new and existing projects.
· Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from existing platform.
and the following Extended Accountabilities:
· Develop best practices for standard naming conventions and modeling coding practices to ensure consistency of data models.
· Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments.
· Evaluate data models and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
· Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions.
· Develop data models according to company standards.
· Guide System Analysts, Engineers, Programmers and others on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
· Review modifications to existing software to improve efficiency and performance.
· Examine new application design and recommend corrections if required. and physical databases for variances and discrepancies.
the following skillsets/qualifications are required:
· E/R modelling (Must)
· UML Modelling (Must)
· Use of case tools (ER/STUDIO & SPARX) (Must)
· Knowledge of CDIS, HL7 BRIDG or other Pharma standard models (Must)
· Data Vault physical modelling (Nice to have)
· Ontology modelling (Nice to have)
· Highly analytical
· Pharma Development knowledge highly desirable
· Business analysis skills
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems related technical field
· Sufficient experience of data analyst and data modeling is required
· Ability to communicate strategies and processes around data modeling and architecture to cross functional groups
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Information Technology, Information Technology > IT Architecture
· Who we are
Our UK Pharmaceutical head office is situated in Welwyn garden City, Hertfordshire, with beautiful country side surrounding the area. Supported by major motorways & airports as well as being a 30 minute train ride to London, access is easy. With over 1400 people occupying our site in Welwyn, you can expect opportunities in Early Development (pRED), Product Development (PD), Commercial (Rx) and of course our corporate function.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.