· Job facts
Main Purpose of the Position:
To be a valued member of a highly successful team by providing timely, accurate and effective administrative support and contributing to organizational and corporate success for their key customers. As a member of the Hillsboro Technical Operations Administrative Professional Team this position will work to improve the efficiency of administrative processes while providing a high-level of customer service to all supported departments.
· Act as the departmental “go-to-person” for general operational or administrative inquiries.
· Apply technical and business expertise to contribute within and beyond his/her assigned areas.
· Maintain a complex calendar for Functional Directors including calendar administration, scheduling, conflict resolution, ad-hoc requests.
· Support & actively participate in functional leadership meetings, including management of agenda, minutes and action logs.
· Effectively manage multiple, often conflicting, priorities to successful conclusion.
· Arrange, coordinate and support meetings, events and activities for both onsite and offsite meetings.
· Coordinate travel and conference attendance for key customers.
· Process invoices, payments and expense reports using corporate applications.
· Build and maintain strong collaborative partnerships within the Administrative Professional Team and actively participate meeting and projects as required.
· Able to manage confidential and sensitive information with good judgment and discretion.
· Able to participate and support a variety of projects and cross-functional teams.
· Provide on-boarding support of new employees and ordering of department supplies through corporate systems.
· A minimum of 3-5 years of Administrative experience including support of Functional Leaders and team members. A Bachelor's degree is a plus.
· Advanced skills in email, calendar support and management, word-processing, data base and presentation applications.
· Ability to quickly learn new skills and software applications.
· Strong skills in written communications and interpersonal communications.
· Strong time-management & organizational skills with proven ability to work independently and sometimes remotely from other team members.
· Ability to establish contacts outside of ones work group and functional organization, develop partnerships with others to improve efficiency
· Ability to multi-task while handling routine and impromptu assignments with minimal supervision
· Who we are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.