· Job facts
Roche Services Americas is one of the Roche Shared Services Centers worldwide providing Finance, Procurement services to various countries in the Americas region. Accounts Receivable Accountant will be based in San José, Costa Rica and report to the Treasury & Accounts Receivable Manager. You, as Accounts Receivable Accountant, will be responsible of Execute AR operational activities for the Americas SSC in Costa Rica. Your key responsibilities also include:
· Execute the day-to-day activities according to the agreed service level and in compliance with the SOPs of the respective business sub-process•
· Follow the instructions regarding the daily work coordination
· Propose process and system improvements
· Contribute continuously to the improvement of the performance of the SSC
Coordinate and perform complete, stringent and timely financial tasks including but not limited to:
· Reconciliation of bank accounts
· Posting and reconciling of AR transactions
· Cash application
· Clearing of AR and bank suspense accounts
· Creation of Customer Manual Invoice
· Manual corrections
· Customer Credit Analysis
· Maintenance of customer credit masterdata
· Dispute Management
· Handling incoming calls and emails in a timely manner
· Proactively seek opportunities to allow more effective cooperation between teams/ team members regardless of country/functional assignments
· Provide help to team members in need of assistance due to workload or lack of expertise issues
· Display high integrity on the job and comply with the Roche guidelines
· Foster team environment
· Support free flow of communication/information within team
· Actively participate in workshops, meetings and work-related team events.
· Preform various assignments in flexible manner as business needs warrant (including cross geographic or cross functional tasks that might arise as business evolves)
· Bachelor`s degree in accounting, finance, or related area.
· A solid understanding of accounting processes.
· Knowledge of applications in a computerized environment, including spreadsheets applications and data bases (e.g. Excel, Power Point, Word, G-Suite, etc.)
· Knowledge of Finance Shared Services and operational accounting processes and related technology systems (e.g.. SAP, Blackline, Snow, etc.) is desired.
· Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively, adhere to tight and established deadlines.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills with a focus on customer service.
· Ability to perform work with limited direction and guidance.
· Ability to prioritize effectively and multitask, meet all deadlines and manage up.
· Works well with others and follow through to execute all tasks.
· Language: English & Spanish required.
· Finance and accounting experience 3+ years
· Who we are
At Roche, 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.