Oversee and manage daily operations of the Women’s Pavilion at Osaka Kansai Expo 2025 with a focus on the front-line visitor experience. In addition to partnering on event-time operational responsibilities, the Venue Lead will be responsible for representing the Women’s Pavilion, developing and delivering comprehensive training and materials across all aspects of the Pavilion visitor experience.
Exceptional Japanese-English bilingual communication skills are required along with the ability to problem solve in real time. Experience in leading and managing high-achieving teams, supporting top-tier leadership, and reacting with composure and professionalism at all times is essential.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to adopt a charismatic approach to tasking and motivating teams. Direct venue, event, or cultural destination experience will be required, along with hands-on venue experience with excellent knowledge of operational procedures across visitor experience, safety, and first response training.
Leading up to the April 2025 Expo Opening and during the Expo duration of 6 months, the candidate will be temporarily located in Osaka near the Expo site.
· Represent the Women's Pavilion; a significant high-profile asset for Osaka Kansai Expo 2025. Speak on behalf of the Pavilion leveraging exceptional communication skills adapted for audience and delivery platforms
· Liaise closely with the Events & Ops Manager to ensure seamless daily operations of the Pavilion
· Develop and implement strategies and content to ensure the Pavilion’s FOH operational areas work to achieve Pavilion objectives
· Ensure delivery of all communication, service, administration, and reporting is to the highest standard and fulfills the expectation of Pavilion management
· React to a constantly changing environment with consistent professionalism and composure Develop a holistic understanding of Pavilion operations and work collaboratively with all departments and Expo team members
· Ensure that Pavilion ambassadors (attendants) are equitably prepared to meet the needs of Pavilion activity
· Ensure all FOH and BOH operational preparation, presentation, and service delivery is of the highest standard
· Conduct staff briefings consistently, on time, and feature information to support operational excellence
· Deliver effective team performance including managing conflict in a timely manner
· Initiate appropriate response required for various pavilion scenarios, especially in relation to first aid and evacuations
· Communicate Health & Safety practices, policies, and procedures to operational teams and ensure full compliance
· Maintain a flexible, cooperative, and professional approach to meeting Pavilion and Cartier objectives, working hand-in-hand with management, staff, and stakeholders
· Ensure compliance with Expo 2025 policies, procedures, regulations, and protocols
· Sustain a high standard of customer service when interacting with all Pavilion personnel, visitors, suppliers, contractors, and stakeholders
· Ensure that operational teams work collaboratively; conduct daily shift briefings to ensure individuals start their shift well prepared and informed
· Ensure the Pavilion is “venue ready” at all times in regard to actioning emergency procedures and last-minute VIP guest visits
· Coordinate additional training as required to ensure a high level of compliance and consistency in performance across Pavilion operations
· Ensure FOH members are motivated to greet, engage, and direct every visitor to the Pavilion with high energy and professionalism
· Provide expert crowd management advice and supervision including maintaining order in queues, facilitating comfortable and constant visitor movement throughout the Pavilion experience
· Assess and manage daily challenges and report back to key stakeholders
· Participate, and at times host, Pavilion tours for invited guests, groups, or visitors, as required by Leadership
· Demonstrate a strong commitment to change in a high performing culture, implementing standards of excellence and a continuous improvement focus
· Administer first aid to Pavilion visitors as required; maintain the Pavilion first aid supplies according to policy, procedure, and best practice General
· Reinforce and promote the principles of equal employment and diversity in the workplace by ensuring that all employees and stakeholders are treated with dignity and respect
· Undertake general duties as required and other duties assigned by the Head of Special Projects
NECESSARY PROFILE :
Event or venue management experience desirable with proven success managing multiple teams across a number of disciplines. Must have proven capabilities in creating a positive customer service culture and have exceptional communication and people skills. Experience living in Japan, or a deep understanding of Japanese culture will be highly advantageous.
The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach with excellent knowledge of operational standards across safety, first response, customer engagement, functions, events and activations.
– Willingness to undergo formal and informal training necessary for attaining competence in-role; – Collaborates and facilitates effectively;
– Detail oriented and meticulous;
– Communicates expectations clearly and proficient in forming ad hoc teams to deliver results;
– Creativity, pro-activity, ownership, flexibility, finesse skills and team player;
– Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
– Flexibility to work outside of standard working hours
– Language: Japanese (native level), English (native level)
· Exceptional leadership skills
· Open-minded and flexible
· Comfortable working in a high intensity environment
· Solutions focused
· Out-of-the box thinking
· Stays calm and performs well under pressure
· Logical mindset
· Creative thinker and strong interest in Arts and Culture
Should you wish to apply, please contact at email@example.com.