Created in 1863, Solvay is a global company driven by proud and committed chemists. With our historical anchorage in Europe, our products serve diversified markets worldwide, from consumer goods to energy, with one main aim – to improve quality of life and customer performance.
The group is headquartered in Brussels, employs about 24,500 people in 58 countries and generated 10.9 billion euros in net sales in 2016.
Poste et missions:
VIE is for an 18 month assignment at the Bristol, PA research center. The request is on behalf of the Agro Formulations laboratory. They are seeking a VIE with a background in chemistry/formulation.
The missions :
Formulation Chemist : This position is within Solvay's Novecare Global Business Unit. The Agricultural Specialties lab is devoted to developing innovative technological solutions in response to Solvay’s customer needs for liquid and dry pesticide formulations, tank mix adjuvants, seed treatment and for fertilizer applications.
The formulation chemist role will contribute to developing innovative solutions for agricultural formulations applications in response to Solvay’s customer needs as well as provide market customer support.
Primary responsibilities include assisting in the delivery on innovation projects as well as fast track projects to introduce new products to customers, reapplication of existing products in new agro applications, and close interaction with the business and customers.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the evaluation and development of formulation strategies and delivery techniques
- Support one or more innovation projects (tasks, priorities, project performance) as well as fast track projects.
- Project execution and delivery aligned with business strategy
- Must work well in a team and cross-functional environment
- Provide market customer support through efficient customer interaction and fast response
- BS in chemistry
- Experience in or understanding of surfactants formulation is preferred.
- Ability to lead projects, and work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a team in a cross functional environment
- Safe lab practices and record keeping experience are essential
- Good communication skills (written and oral) is required. Must be able to write clear, concise reports and maintain a detailed laboratory notebook.
- Experience in project management is a plus
Duration : 18 month
Solvay is an equal opportunity employer We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Localisation: États-Unis d'Amérique-Pennsylvania-Bristol
Niveau d'expérience : Débutant (entre 0 et 2 ans)