You are joining RedQuadrant as a business administration intern. The RedQuadrant internship programme is aimed first and foremost at developing a core understanding of business administration within the consultancy world. You will learn about the core processes that sit behind the face of consultancy, including but not limited to:
• event organisation
• supply management
• contract management
• office management
You will be involved in these processes on a daily basis and, depending on your skills and areas of interest, may be given responsibility for one of the above during your time with us. In addition, we have a number of discrete, ongoing, operational projects and you will be allocated one of these to plan and deliver. Examples of activities as part of this internship will include:
• scanning, filing and organising documents and files
• event organisation including room bookings, sending out invites
• ordering of stationery and office supplies
• diary management, organising meetings, booking train tickets and hotels
• managing contacts
• preparing template documents
• greeting guests and answering general inquiries
• assisting with proposals
• general office duties, e.g. watering the plants, collecting the post, emptying the dishwasher
You may also get the chance to help out with other areas of the business, such as marketing and communications, HR, and resourcing. There may also be additional opportunities to provide project support to client projects, but please note that these opportunities depend on the client projects that are ongoing, so we cannot promise that this will be part of your internship.
The core skills that you will build during your internship will include, but by no means be limited to:
• Communication with clients and colleagues
• Formatting and document presentation
• Time management
• Workload management
• Improved business English
Your internship is all about what you make of it, so the more you put in, the more you will get out of it and the more you will learn!
Added benefits of the RedQuadrant internship
Learning and development is a core aspect of the RedQuadrant way of work, both for our clients and for our core internal team. We run training sessions aimed at building core competencies for succeeding in business support, including topics such as:
• Time management
• Planning and prioritisation
• Communication skills
• Management skills
• Leadership skills
In addition to these, we hold monthly networking events for the wider consultant network, which you are encouraged to attend. These are on a range of topics including customer-led service design, lean process improvement, prototyping, and systems leadership. We regularly hold additional development training sessions for both our core consultants and clients and, where it is possible, you may have the opportunity to join these too. These of course will be at no cost!
Our interns get involved in providing support to both our team and our wide network of independent consultants who are based away from the office. Opportunities to get involved will vary depending on what comes up during your time with us, but please be aware that there will be both administrative and creative aspects to what you do.
A successful intern will:
• be enthusiastic about taking on new challenges, tasks and processes
• be happy doing a variety of tasks
• be used to working to tight deadlines
• be extremely organised and have excellent attention to detail
• be adaptable (as we are a growing organisation where priorities regularly change)
• be comfortable working with a diverse range of people
• be accustomed to having an independent workload
• demonstrate confidence with spoken and written English
• have excellent skills in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• have a strong interest in (and ideally an understanding of) marketing, including social media
Our standard office hours are 9:00-17:30, with half an hour for lunch. We are based in Vauxhall, London, just moments from the tube and overground stations. The opportunity is unpaid, but you will be reimbursed for your travel costs within zones 1-6, and the company buys lunch on the days of weekly training!
How to apply
Please email your CV and covering letter to Progression following success after this stage will include a telephone interview. A face to face interview may also be required. Places are limited so apply soon!