Job Title: Machine Operator
Direct Reports: Production Coordinator
Summary of main
purpose of role
To operate production machines in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with PSG Group’s policies and procedures.
Key machines/processes include plastic film slitting, rewinding and sheeting equipment.
• To operate key machines/processes include plastic film slitting, rewinding and sheeting equipment.
• Work flexibly across a variety of machines as part of a team to provide the highest standards of quality and customer service demanded by our customers.
• Perform safety checks on every machine prior to and during use and work safely in line with PSGs policies and procedures.
• Set up machines and perform periodic quality inspections to ensure the consistent production of high quality products and comply with PSG’s Quality management systems.
• Meet production quotas by managing own work load effectively
• Monitor machines to ensure optimum performance and productivity is achieved.
• Troubleshoot problems during machine operation and actively participate in PSG’s continual improvement activities.
• Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift
• Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out
• Ensure stocks of needed materials are ready and available at all times
• Ensure all equipment and tooling is maintained and stored correctly
• Report on all aspects of production and highlight any safety, quality or performance issues to coordinators
• Create and maintain daily activity logs
Skills, Attributes, Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• Similar/relevant experience in a production environment *
• Experience of operating plastic film slitting/sheeting equipment *
• Strong Literacy and Numeracy skills *
• Good organisational and planning Skills *
• Self-motivated and ability to manage own workload and manage priorities. *
• Strong Problem Solving Skills *
• Good Team Working Skills *
• Disciplined and conscientious approach to work with good attention to detail *
*This job description above is intended to provide a general guide to the duties and responsibilities of the post and aims to set this in the context of the framework within, which the post holder is expected to operate.
This job description should not be viewed as a legal document nor a set of conditions of service and it can be reviewed at any time in light of the needs of the company.