MAKING TECHNICIANS - READING PLANT
Our Reading Plant manufactures Gillette and Old Spice products, some of the world's most popular shaving preparations, deodorants and anti-perspirants. Our Making Technicians play an important role in our manufacturing processes by operating a combination of manual, semi-automatic and automated mixing systems to create products to our meticulous standards. Day-to-day this role will see to material movement and management, equipment operation and diligently following formulation recipes to produce the goods needed by our supply chain. We give our people the opportunity to grow their skills, and we actively encourage personal development with a promote-from-within culture.
Your skills and experience
We would love to hear from you if you have a background in manufacturing for a consumer product or in an FMCG setting, and have these operational skills .....
· Follow standards and processes, ensuring each batch made is right first time, every time.
· Be responsible for batch production records with precise and accurate record keeping.
· Make use of problem-solving methodologies to find the best options for production and equipment-related issues.
· Be an owner for the area's standards and never stop seeking ways to continuously improve.
· Clean, operate and maintain equipment to uphold our high standards.
· Be passionate about improving equipment reliability, continuously.
· Learn endlessly and share knowledge, building capability in both yourself and others.
· Work collaboratively with teams across an entire plant.
· Hold a valid UK Fork-Lift Truck & Reach Truck license or be willing to attend the associated training course.
To be a successful at our Plant you will need to...
· Have strong communication skills both written and verbal.
· Have a high level of personal accountability and ownership for results, not being afraid of challenging tasks.
· Have a detailed approachto work.
· Play your part in team tasks and activities to help us achieve phenomenal results.
· Be an ambitious thinker with the ability to explore new insights.
· Be computer literate as our environment uses several digital systems and interacting with machines via Human-Machine Interface (HMI)
The role requires working as part of a small team on a a rotating, 12 hour shift pattern We currently operate a 24/5 shift pattern.
What we offer you
· Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your area leader
· A dynamic and respectful work environment - where we put employees at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance
· A competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes pension, life assurance, health insurance, a stock ownership scheme and other social benefits.
To find more information about our benefits package take a look here: https://www.pgcareers.com/benefits
Thrive with us
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and we would like our applicants to be passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to be inspired and to thrive with us.