P&G has declared go cloud strategy and will be moving most of our workloads to the Cloud over the next few years. At the same time Core Data Lake and Data Hubs Program led by Data & Analytics Organization (D&A) is taking advantage of cloud offering to transform BI and Analytics for the company, harmonizing various data types and allowing standard solutions tailored specifically for needs of specific Business Units.
As Platform Engineer you will be using strong technical and social skills to deliver Operational capabilities that will help meet internal D&A applications’ business cases in a PaaS way.
You will transform the newest technologies to secure, performant, stable, cost efficient and flexible business capabilities that support P&G’s key business cases!
A key element of this role is to ensure compliance and quality of operations of D&A applications working together with both D&A DevOps teams and Platform Capability Engineers to drive automation.
· Recommend new or improve existing Platform Best Practices and Platform Technical Capabilities and onboarding various application teams to use them - via staying on top of Cloud industry trends, as well as standards, recommendations and tools from central P&G architecture, network, security, integration and other teams.
· Develop automation scripts (e.g. PowerShell, Azure Automation) to optimize cost, capacity and performance, drive compliance, or to understand Platform health.
· Define, analyze and improve Platform Service Operations metrics and ITIL Service Management processes executed by various teams. Collaborate with Security Engineer improve Compliance metrics
· Work with PG Corporate & Application teams, Cloud Service Partners and other vendors to understand, verify, improve and fix as needed shared Platform capabilities across D&A applications. This includes L3 postmortem support for major capability critical incidents and "deep" Problem Management support.
· Building in security in Data Hub application architecture through collaboration with InfoSec team and propagate DevSecOps demeanor among teams.
Knowledge and demonstrated experience is required in each of the following areas:
· MS Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services documented with certification
· Infrastructure and Platform components (network, load balancers, firewalls, servers, databases)
· PowerShell and/or Linux environment and shell (bash) scripting
· Ability to quickly penetrate technology areas and ask appropriate and relevant technical questions
· Understanding strengths and weaknesses of Azure PaaS services (experience in big / complex deployments)
· Management or leadership skills / experiences
· ITIL foundations knowledge; or confirmed IT operations background
· Problem-solving demeanor, proactive, initiative taking and not afraid to challenge the status quo
· Basic Vendor Management Skills and experience working with external companies;
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
Skills to Learn/Build on this Job:
· Deep Technical knowledge and experience in cloud BI & Analytics relevant capabilities;
· Exposure to complex Cloud architectures, working with Cloud Provider product teams on future Cloud roadmap and capability improvements
· Expertise working in global multi-functional team on Cloud Platforms
· Big Picture understanding of PG IT organization and its Services.
· Industry Certifications (ITIL, DevOps, Azure Developer Associate / Azure Architect / Azure DevOps / Azure Security)
What to expect:
· Attractive starting salary and benefits program (private health care, life insurance, PG stock options, saving plans, lunch subsidy)
· P&G Dynamic Living programs (sport cards, in-office fitness center)
· Regular salary increases and possible promotions - all in line with your results and performance
· Flexible work arrangements
· Mentoring programs & training
Good to know:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor. Our people are all equally hardworking in outstanding ways, we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view.
Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland Job Type: Full-time Job categories: Information Technology Req No: IT 00002879