Overview of the job
Skin care is a key growth engine for P&G and delights the consumers with inspiring and exciting brands like SKII and Olay. This assignment offers a unique opportunity to create the future of measurement science for our leading skin care brands, using cutting edge technical skills to establish a new way for fundamental skin science understanding and developing new technical method and measurement for innovation pipelines. We are looking for an associate scientist or scientist who has strong technical expertise & willingness for industry application.
Located at the P&G Singapore Innovation Center, individual will be part of the exciting Skin Care R&D organization. You will work with multifunctional innovation team (Product Designers, Product Researchers, Technologists, and commercial partners).
What success looks like
In the 6-months' traineeship, you can expect to gain new skills in skin & tissue fundamental knowledge, skin measurement science, innovation, new digital capabilities, and multi-disciplinary working environment in R&D organization on top of:
- Demonstrate strong skills of computer modeling and simulation application on skin & tissue fundamental understanding
- Demonstrated strong hypothesis-based innovation skills
- Demonstrate strong technical leadership and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate strong communication & collaboration skills
- Lead skin fundamental model development via translating measurement data
- Lead model validation & fine-tuning to fit for understanding of different skin tissue configurations and conditions, i.e. film drying or biological changes
- Utilize model for skin simulation
· Masters degree in Computer Science, Biomedical Science, Biomedical Engineering or related fields
· Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident; and graduated in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from local or overseas Universities
· Mid-careers/Experienced candidates can also be considered if candidate is open to a Traineeship role
· Available for a 6 months Traineeship starting from March/April 2021
· Strong technical or research background plus hands on experiences in optical modeling development with skin & tissues
· Fluency with programming languages like MATLAB or Python in Machine Learning or Deep Learning.
· Strong technical rigor & problem-solving ability in past experiences
· Proven data mining & presentation skills
· Strong collaboration and communication skills
· Passion in beauty category is a plus
We produce globally recognized brands and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We do not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, or any other legally protected factor.