Are you passionate about the science behind products? Do you want to develop innovations for the world's biggest brands? Then a technical career at P&G could be what you're looking for!
MPD (materials, process and pack, development and delivery) is a functional discipline within Research & Development. In this role you will be working alongside members of the European MPD team for process & packaging and with our manufacturing sites - providing technical support for existing P&G products as well as being involved in changes/new launches and managing product transfer between sites. As a MPD team member, you will develop in-depth understanding of R&D data systems for managing personal healthcare products (e.g. ‘ENOVIA’ for Technical Standards, ‘SMART’ for safety clearance of Raw Materials and ‘Trackwise’ for Change Control to ensure changes are logged in and approved accordingly), as well as deep knowledge on the raw materials and processes involved in Personal Health Care products made at our manufacturing site across multiple forms (e.g.: liquids, powders, tablets, capsules, lozenges) and the different types of packaging materials and pack processes. As part of this role, you will be trained on and acquire working knowledge of the regulatory requirements that our products need to meet. Your normal place of work will initially be the Greater London Innovation Centre in Egham but is expected to move to the Greater London Innovation Centre in Reading.
What will be your responsibilities?
• Design, create and maintain Product and Packaging Specifications for Personal Healthcare products in ENOVIA e.g. understand and create hierarchy of specifications, manage approval flows and understand and apply different requirements / manage different types of standards for different types of Contractors.
• Raise internal P&G Change Controls to reflect proposed materials, packaging and manufacturing process changes at manufacturing sites, following appropriate review and work flow with business, QA and MPD - where required
• Frequent communication with Technical experts within MPD and at Manufacturing sites may be required to gather supporting documentation and understand scope of individual projects (i.e. gather data to support specification changes; raw material supply qualifications)
• Ensure compliance with all relevant standards, e.g. Good Manufacturing Practice
• Design and execute and document experimental studies at Lab / Pilot scale (as required) to develop or modify products to meet differing consumer and regulatory & safety needs
• Ensure critical packaging design features such as release and stability limits, packing validation reports etc. are accurately incorporated into product registrations.
• Travel to Manufacturing sites across EMEA might be required.
• Own and maintain packaging lab equipment (e.g. documentation, calibration) and provide training to pack community.
What we offer you:
· Responsibility from Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your work from the beginning
· Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager
· Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance
· We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes pension, life assurance, health insurance, flexible working, a stock ownership scheme and other social benefits. Regular salary revisions and possible promotions - all in line with your results, performance and potential. To find more information about our benefits package take a look here: https://www.pgcareers.com/benefits
Skills & Qualifications
•You need to have technical curiosity and adaptability
•You will need collaboration skills, working across multiple functions and geographies
•You will require aptitude with data systems such as Excel, Trackwise and ENOVIA
Good to Know:
P&G is one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies and home to iconic, trusted brands that make life a little bit easier in small but meaningful ways. We have one of the strongest portfolio’s of loved and trusted brands such as Braun®, Fairy®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Aussie®, Oral-B®, and Pampers®.
At P&G #weseeequal
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people are all equally talented in unique ways: we come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
England, United Kingdom Job Type: Full-time Req No: RND00004289