The P&G Resident Scholar Program (RSP) is a unique job shadowing experience designed to expose exceptional minority high school students to careers leveraging a STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) degree. Program participants are exposed to the exciting world of Research & Development at P&G. By the completion of the program, participants leave with a better understanding of:
- Applying a STEM background to research,
- Working cooperatively in a team, and
- Building a consumer product. The RSP experience continues through high school graduation with opportunities for training, mentoring, and leadership development, including opportunities to return to P&G as summer interns.
This program will take place virtually in May/June 2021.
Application Deadline is April 9th, 2021.
Final Candidates will be notified by April 30th.
Additional Application Information
- In the resume section (there is also a resume upload section at the beginning of the application), if you have any work experience please add that to this section. A part of the application is the entry essay and that should be uploaded as a pdf or word doc with responses to the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a participant in the P&G Resident Scholar Program?
- What experiences do you expect to gain that would further your interest in pursuing a STEM degree?
- In the education section, the student should add any major or specialization he is interested in. He should select ‘Not in list’ for Institution name. Education Level should be ‘High School Diploma/GED’.
- What is your overall GPA in your major area of study? Please enter your current high school GPA. Even if the GPA is only from one semester, please choose a GPA range from the list.
- Do you plan to pursue your college degree within the Science, Engineering, or Mathematics field? You should answer honestly. This program was created to encourage students to pursue STEM so a ‘No’ response is not a hindrance.
- After your application has been submitted, you will receive an email regarding assessments. Please note that there are no assessments for the Resident Scholar Program. You will not receive an email with a link to the assessments. We are using the same system as the one for internships and full-time jobs, and those positions have assessments in the application process. Even if we don’t get back to you in 2 days, please know that your application is still in the system and will be reviewed!
A. Must be in High School, entering into your Sophomore or Junior year for the 2021-2022school year, and interested in pursuing a career in STEM.
B. ENTRY ESSAY addressing the questions below (Please upload with your job application within the resume section):
· Why do you want to be a participant in the P&G Resident Scholar Program?
· What experiences do you expect to gain that would further your interest in pursuing a STEM degree?
C. Must have a C+ average for consideration.
What we offer:
Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities.
Continuous mentorship – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager.
Work and be part of a dynamic and encouraging environment - working over a diverse array of interesting problems.
Promote agility and work/life balance for employees, we value every individual and support initiatives.
Experience true support for work/life effectiveness and your long-term well-being.
Get a competitive salary and benefits' package.
We produce globally recognized brands, and we grow the best business leaders in the industry. With a portfolio of trusted brands as diverse as ours, it is paramount our leaders are able to lead with courage the vast array of brands, categories and functions. We serve consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ariel®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Herbal Essences®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, Tampax® and more. Our community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide.
Visit http://www.pg.com to know more.
Our consumers are diverse and our talents - internally - mirror this diversity to best serve it. That is why we’re committed to building a winning culture based on Inclusion and our ideal candidate is passionate about the same principle: you will join our daily effort of being “in touch” so we craft brands and products to improve the lives of the world’s consumers now and in the future. We want you to inspire us with your unrivaled ideas.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship, HIV/AIDS status or any other legally protected factor.
Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role. As a general matter, Procter & Gamble does not sponsor candidates for nonimmigrant visas or permanent residency. However, Procter & Gamble may make exceptions on a discretionary basis. Any exceptions would be based on the Company's specific business needs at the time and place of recruitment as well as the particular qualifications of the individual.
Procter & Gamble participates in e-verify as required by law.
Qualified individuals will not be disadvantaged based on being unemployed.